Morgan Stanley Investor Services Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (IM) is the Firms’ asset management division and offers investment expertise across Public and Private Markets managing a Total AUM of $482Bn as on Dec 2017. The group demonstrates a strong global presence in 20 Countries, 37 Offices, 1946 Employees and 608 Investment Professionals. Investment Management Operations supports the asset management business and performs core operational functions with its innovative capabilities and delivers first class operations to support the changing business needs and enhance the client experience to its fullest.
This position primarily is to manage the operational and oversight functions related to investor servicing and operations of investment products that are offered to high net worth individuals. Due to the specialized nature of the Investor Services Group, this position will expose the candidate to a unique combination of responsibilities that include overseeing the operations of the Group, monitoring the performance of service providers, assisting with monitoring and maintaining a strong system of internal controls, participating in strategic initiatives (e.g. technology related, new product launches, process transformation) and acting as a resource to support other departments in operational matters. This position is responsible for the daily oversight of the Shareholder Portal and drive the relationship with our third party vendor to enhance client experience. While this role has an operations focus, it requires a candidate to have an interest in understanding the tax complexities of the investments products.
- Participate the day-to-day operations of the Investor Services Group, which may include: fund closings, redemption processing, service provider oversight, managing shareholder inquires
- Support various initiatives, which may include assisting with creating, managing and executing implementation plans for strategic initiatives; overseeing service provider implementation; other related activities
- Assist with oversight of the transfer agent, fund accountant, and other service providers by performing monitoring, reconciliation and other oversight procedures
- Provide support to internal departments (such as the Wealth Strategies team and Equity team) on a broad range of matters including operational matters, investor and intermediary servicing, etc.
- Assist with contributing to and/or managing the implementation of process improvement initiatives, such as technology-based solutions for investor information sharing
- Support the relationship with the Shareholder Portal third party vendor and lead initiatives to improve portal processes and workflows
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of the Shareholder Portal and be the point of contact for shareholder and broker escalation as necessary
- Performing other operational responsibilities as needed to support on-going processes of department
- Participate and administer staff development initiatives by way of training, coaching and conducting both formal and informal performance evaluations
- Other responsibilities/projects, as necessary
- Experience with financial services
- Analytical skills and ability to solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to timelines
- Experience working on Portals/Online Client Servicing Applications
- Demonstrates creative and technical skills for online delivery solutions
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and strong oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to learn complex tax-driven investment products and related processes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a willingness to assist others with initiatives that go beyond typical daily responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience, with demonstrated progression
Role is Hybrid and will require in office attendance 3 days/week. #LI-Hybrid
Title: Investor Services Vice President
Requisition ID: 3221388