MassMutual Head of Data Science Software Engineering in Boston, Massachusetts
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead and manage a team of software engineers in the Data Science and Advanced Analytics Organization. The successful candidate will lead and expand a team building software that enables data-driven decision making across the enterprise. This software will complement, enhance and expose predictive models, enable process automation and experiments driving significant value and impact. The members of the team work closely with data scientists, product managers, project managers, data engineers, and business stakeholders to understand needs and design, develop and deploy robust solutions.
Lead validation, enhancement, and routing
Development of novel actuarial tools
Large scale machine learning deployment platform
Applications for the evaluation and improvement of investment performance
Internally facing web applications for either capturing data related to predictive models or visualizing data generated using predictive models
● Attract, retain, and develop exceptional talent within the Data Science Software Engineering organization
● Collaborate with other departments and organizations to develop and maintain standards and best practices for product development and support
● Independently lead complex projects in an ambiguous environment producing robust, enterprise grade software
● Collaborate closely with product and project managers, data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, and business stakeholders
● Be a thought leader internally and externally, i.e: contributing to open source software, participating in research, speaking at conferences, etc.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent quantitative field.
● Demonstrated success in leading a team of engineers
● Exceptional object-oriented and functional coding skills
● Exceptional understanding of algorithms and data structures
● Exceptional communication and influencing skills
● Experience in AWS cloud technologies and stack.
● Experience writing solid unit and regression tests, and debugging in collaboration with a large software development team
● Experience working with relational databases, specifically Postgres and Vertica
● Experience using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes plus
● Strong understanding and practice of Agile software development process
● Masters or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent quantitative field.
● Experience with R
● Knowledge of Machine Learning
● Experience working in a DevOps model
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
- MassMutual Jobs