State Street Financial Reporting / Analysis / Planning, AVP in Boston, Massachusetts
The AVP, Revenue Analyst will report to the VP of Servicing Fees and will play a critical role providing overall Servicing Fee revenue support for North America Business Unit LFO’s. The individual will be focused on Revenue planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and development of business metrics and presentations. The incumbent will also play a critical role developing the overall Servicing Fee story for LFOs and senior management.
Purpose and critical business goals of role include:
- Build on core deliverables to provide enhanced actionable intelligence to support the Lead Finance Officers’ – Develop and manage the Revenue story for North America BU Servicing Fees
- Focus on implementing best practices to develop and build upon core activities
- Focus on automation and process improvement to gain efficiencies across core activities.
- “One Team” – partner across cross functional groups to drive financial and management reporting
- Buy-in from business partners of standardized report approach in terms of core deliverables
- Engage in initiatives in other areas of FP&A; to ensure reporting requirements are being incorporated into reporting strategy/enhancements
- Lead a team of 3 in support of Servicing Fee Revenue - (NA BU – Asset Managers, Pensions NA, Insurance NA, GS Canada, GS NACC1, WMS)
- Over-see timely delivery of all agreed core deliverables to high quality standard with focus on timeliness
- Partner with LFO and Corporate to address and execute ad hoc requests & reporting, actionable intelligence, planning and forecasting
- Key point of contact for LFO team Responsible for seamless information flow with other COEs
- Manage and build key relationships, understanding business requirements and appreciating multiple perspectives to deliver high quality service to LFO’s
- Demonstrate the flexibility to adapt and address changing business requirements
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with Offshore team
- Develop offshore talent through operational and strategic training
*Skills and Knowledge *
Ability to execute and drive results with cross functional teams.
Ability to work confidently and build strong relationships.
Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Strong analytical, business partnership and influencing skills.
Strong prioritization and project management skills.
Proven ability and flexibility to manage multiple priorities on a deadline basis.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to translate statistics, trends, variances into a concise business explanation.
Strong communication & presentation skills.
Focus on accuracy and efficiency.
Team player and self-starter.
Ability to identify, define and execute process improvement opportunities.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
7-9 years progressive Finance/FP&A; experience. State Street experience is a plus.
Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time