Robert Half Finance Associate (Private Equity) in Boston, Massachusetts
Description Our client, a leading alternative investment manager, is seeking a Finance Associate (Private Equity), to join their team.
This position is responsible for all elements of accounting, reporting, and administration for the company. The candidate will work with other team members to promote a scalable accounting function that provides a high level of support across the organization. This team member will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of daily, weekly, and quarterly accounting, weekly management reporting, quarterly financial statements for various funds, and capital calls and distributions based on Fund cash projections. This team member will also work closely with various internal teams to provide support for limited partner requests, the portfolio company valuation process, the execution of acquisitions and sales according to our investment strategy, and internal ad-hoc requests.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player able to materialize concepts into the effective, concise, and timely execution of work product. Candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable operating as a “doer” in the details with a strong attention to detail. As the company continues to grow, the position may evolve with the direction of business needs.
• Responsible for all accounting, reporting, and administration of the company's Private Equity Funds, including quarterly financial statements, capital accounts, and weekly management reporting through Investran
• Work closely with firm’s external auditor in the completion of year-end Fund audits and interim testing
• Prepare, coordinate, calculate, and execute capital calls and distributions based on Fund cash projections
• Coordinate borrowing requests, repayments, and calculation of interest for each Fund’s line of credit
• Cash monitoring and reconciliations with bank
• Review of legal documents, including Limited Partnership Agreements, structure charts, and management services agreements
• Work with Investor Relations team to provide information for investor requests, including audit confirmations, due diligence requests, fund performance data, and fee information
• Maintain Fund waterfalls to calculate carried interest and Fund returns
• Coordination with management company team for reconciliation of Fund expenses and management fee offsets
• Close interaction with Business Solutions team and FP& A team to implement system solutions/efficiencies in relation to accounting systems and recurring reporting requests. Assist in the testing and implementation of reporting solutions. Propose new reporting initiatives and projects as challenges/inefficiencies arise
• Work closely with deal teams in coordinating deal closing processes, which includes providing fund investment allocations, reviewing flow of funds, recalculating transaction fees, reviewing legal documents, preparing investment-level waterfall calculations, and executing wire transfers
• Exhibit resolved demeanor when working with compressed deadlines
• Work cooperatively with team members toward a shared goal
• Be available to provide timely communication to internal and external stakeholders on projects when required
• Independently manage competing timelines and priorities accordingly on engagements Requirements Finance, Private Equity, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, Capital Management
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.
- Robert Half Jobs