Gap Inc. Field Visual Manager - Northeast Region - Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Field Visual Manager - Northeast Region - Boston
Job#: 263906 Date Posted:Dec. 07, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Visual Manager ensures the integrity of the Old Navy brand through consistent and creative execution of product merchandising direction. The Visual Manager is responsible for training teams and developing tools and resources to support compelling visual presentation within the stores in the market of approximately 100 stores.
The Visual Manager will also ensure store teams understand, celebrate and sell our product through localization of events. They will inspire others and foster a culture of continuous growth and evolution. And they will help us evolve from running stores to creating an Old Navy experience that’s an integrated part of Jennie’s life – setting us apart from competitors and helping us drive results.
Leadership and People
• Coach and inspire teams to provide consistent execution of visual presentation to deliver a consistent and compelling customer experience in all markets
• Train and educate the market on brand standards and visual merchandising standards and analyze data to inform future decision making
• Provide insight and guidance to Market Leaders to coach stores to flex and adjust merchandising presentations within the Brand
• In partnership with the Market Leader, communicate the Old Navy brand message through visual presentation
• Develop and execute training schedule with Market Leader and L&D Manager that effectively meets their areas individual needs
• Build constructive, effective relationships throughout the market to align support for visual merchandising and Old Navy brand initiatives
• Influence at all levels
Product and Visual
• Liaison between HQ and the market on visual presentation direction and initiatives
• Provide clarification and direction to the market regarding presentation/product initiatives
• Provide support to Market Leader to ensure brand and visual merchandising standards are active and consistently upheld in the market
• Ensure all leaders understand the brand aesthetic and how to represent the key visual concepts in stores
• Support creative visual presentation standards and the use of best practices consistently throughout the market
• Communicate trends and best practices to Director of Visual
Operations and Profitability
• Coach teams to provide consistent execution of visual presentation and delivering a consistent customer experience in all markets
• Develop creative merchandising solutions using brand filters to drive sales and margin
• Ensure that Market Leaders understand seasonal overview and the key message of each flow
Key Competencies Required
• Business Acumen
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Decision Quality
• Functional Skills
• Innovation Management
• Integrity and Trust
• Learning on the Fly
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Presentation Skills
• Priority Setting
• Problem Solving
• Drive for Results
• Written Communications
Four year college degree preferred
3-5 years of visual presentation experience
Multiple store experience preferred
Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
Ability to travel between stores
Ability to climb a ladder
Ability to travel, including overnight as required
Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality at http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/gap-inc-women-and-opportunity in the workplace in 2016.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.