Labcyte, Inc. Field Support Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Labcyte Inc., is a global biotechnology tools company headquartered in San Jose, California, that is revolutionizing liquid handling. The Echo® liquid handling systems use sound to accurately and precisely transfer liquids using non-contact dispensing. Labcyte instruments are used worldwide by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as contract research organizations and academic institutions. Labcyte’s customers work across a wide spectrum of biology including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, diagnostics & mass spectrometry.
Reporting to the East Coast/Mid-West Support Supervisor, this position will be responsible for supporting Labcyte products within the New England region of the United States, while maintaining and growing customer relationships. This individual will manage on-site installation of instruments, field upgrades for software and mechanical sub-systems, customer training and maintenance and repair of installed instruments throughout the region. The successful candidate will become a member of a global customer support team which includes sales, applications, operations and support.
- Diagnose customer issues, travel to customer sites, interface with customers, integrators and distributors and successfully resolve any problems that arise.
- Provide on-site, e-mail, remote desktop and phone support to customers.
- Install and support new and old equipment at customer sites.
- Stay current with new products, techniques and processes and participate in the ongoing sustaining engineering life cycle of all company products.
- Provide clear and concise oral and written feedback to headquarters.
- Follow current best service techniques, while providing feedback to improve and expand service delivery to meet customer requirements.
- Submit service reports, account information, expenses and other required reports as requested.
- File cases and work order documentation within the company CRM to support the installed product base records.
Education, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of field service or technical support experience with laboratory instrumentation, preferably robotic liquid handling equipment.
- BS/MS degree or equivalent experience in a science or engineering discipline.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent electronic diagnostics ability and experience with hands on mechanical repairs. Must be able to demonstrate the use of DVM and circuit diagrams to diagnose problems with digital and RF circuits.
- Background experience and ability to diagnose PC problems to root causes at the board level using appropriate tools and engineering resources. Experience with troubleshooting the Windows operating system and repair of PCs is preferred.
- Working knowledge of networking and instrument control in a Windows® environment, capable of troubleshooting network connection issues. The successful candidate must be able to set up small client/server networks.
- Capable of using basic laboratory equipment, hand-held or automated liquid handling robots and plate readers.
- Prepared to travel overnight as necessary. International travel is occasionally required as the support team is responsible for global support of the company products.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including the ability to analyze data using Excel graphing.
- Background in Physics, Chemistry and Biology is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Military Services training in electronic warfare technology, sonar or radar is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Basic, C#, C++ and ActiveX programming is advantageous.
- Must live in territory, in appropriate location as no relocation is offered.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have a valid Passport that allows international travel.