Abbott Field Clinical Engineer, AF in Boston, Massachusetts
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott is seeking an experienced, high caliber Field Clinical Engineer. The Field Clinical Engineer (FCE) is responsible for supporting the EnSite 3000™ System sales and marketing process, by providing clinical consultation, teaching and support on the use of the EnSite System and its appropriate application in the clinical setting. To a lesser degree, the FCE is also expected to provide consulting to customers on the complete AF product line. Provides field support for accurate technical support/ troubleshooting, and strategic collaboration with Sales to develop business in the local territory. Works within a small team atmosphere, including Sales Reps, their respective Regional Management, and AF Product Division personnel to develop individual account and territory sales strategies; Performs training and other related logistics coordination and gathers market/customer related feedback to ensure annual operating objectives attained. The FCE participates in the sales and marketing process and is responsible for ensuring all new accounts are established in accordance with Abbott's AF Division’s educational and in-service specific objectives and that ongoing product utilization is encouraged when necessary or requested through in-lab support and consultation with the EP and other lab support personnel. Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive.
• Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• - Provides formal in-service/education to clinicians on the use of the EnSite System.
• - Demonstrates a thorough command of EnSite System related product and technical knowledge, cardiac mapping and ablation techniques, trends and players.
• - Provides expert clinical consultation on the use of our system to the EP, and lab support staff.
• - Coordinates all necessary logistics related to hospital training for new accounts.
• - Remains aware and integrates appropriately with AF Product Division personnel who are performing post-market approval clinical studies program involving the EnSite System.
• - Initiates, develops, expands, and maintains excellent customer rapport and relationships.
• - Initiates new training courses, while keeping a clinically based "consultative approach" the primary goal.
• - Exhibits sound business sense and logic when utilizing assigned expense budgets, and suggesting alternatives to normal Abbott policy when strategizing to accomplish goals.
• - Participates in on-site procedure observations to ensure new product evaluations are successful, utilization is encouraged, customer and personal technical knowledge is enhanced, and customer rapport is developed.
• - Provides timely and comprehensive market information to management as requested.
• - Identifies possible product line extensions or product enhancements by submitting formal proposals regarding identified needs and/or development ideas.
• - Provides prompt, professional, and pertinent follow-up (written or otherwise as required) in response to all customer interactions to insure our existing customer base is maintained and new customers are developed.
• - Supports local Sales organization by occasionally providing case coverage (during days of extraordinary activity when no other sales persons can help).
• Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott's marketplace success:
• - Two-year technical degree in a related field, or equivalent.
• - Bachelor’s degree in Biology/related preferred.
• - Typically a minimum of three plus years of progressively more responsible relevant clinical work experience in cardiology, electro-physiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures.
• - Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol.
• - Experience with programmable medical devices and software-based medical systems preferred.
• - Must have demonstrated personal computer skills and be able to perform word processing/spreadsheet tasks to perform documentation, presentation, and analysis activities.
• - Requires demonstrated written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, follow-up skills, and the ability to meet deadlines as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees, management, and customers.
• - Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
• - Must be able to perform in a diverse cross-functional team environment.
• - Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks.
• - Evaluation, originality, and/or ingenuity required.
• Preferred qualifications and education:
• - An advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration.
• - Professional Health Science certification or designation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org