Thermo Fisher Scientific Field Based Sample Preparation Expert for Bioanalysis in Boston, Massachusetts
Strong application support is a key differentiator for sample preparation in the marketplace. The job holder is responsible for supporting growth of the sample preparation product line by identifying and prioritizing potential bioanalytical customer accounts and working directly with these customers to understand their LC-MS workflow requirements. They will then provide onsite and remote support to develop sample preparation applications that will enable the adoption of our sample preparation products as part of the customers routine workflows.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Serve as customer-facing technical expert in sample preparation eg, SPE, Protein Precipitation, SLE, affinity capture and protein digestion, demonstrating intimate knowledge of products and familiarity with priorities and challenges in the field
Understand customer challenges, needs and requirements, to identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and drive business growth for sample preparation in bioanalysis.
Provide necessary support both at customer sites and remotely such as method development and transfer, technical proposal, on site seminars or product demos, and in-depth technology conversations to acquire and retain customers.
Be responsible for business growth target, by directly working with sales teams and customers on sample preparation challenges.
Focus on high growth opportunities to drive our sample preparation portfolio into new accounts in the bioanalytical market
Develop and maintain effective customer relations within assigned territory and seek out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
Independently make decisions, but also use available resources to meet customer needs and work successfully with a cross-functional team of product management and commercial resources to support the full chromatography workflow.
Research competitor and industry activity and keep up to date on new products/services and other general information of interest to customers
Report market intelligence and trend feedback into internal stakeholders to aid in product research and development. Collect market dynamics information, customer’s application trend and competition updates, communicate with marketing, peer sales teams and other functions, to help to analyze impact, counter measures, either for short term or long term business strategy.
Provide market sensing mechanism, identifying new opportunities and highlighting gaps in current portfolio
Keep product manager and sales manager updated on customer relationship, opportunities and potential problems
Participate in regional trade shows, workshops and conferences to position and message our sample preparation product solutions.
Serve as liaison between customers, commercial team, R&D and production management
Provide expert level troubleshooting and post-sale support for sample preparation to resolve escalations from technical support
Work with internal teams to develop and update workflow applications and educational content for customer training in the form of videos, seminars, training manuals, etc.
• BS degree required; Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other scientific degree preferred
• Advanced degree (e.g. MS, PhD, MBA) is a plus
• Extensive experience in method development for Sample Preparation as part of a LC-MS workflow preferably in small and large molecule bioanalytical applications
• Experience of building customer relationships and assessing customer workflow requirements
• Expert knowledge in solid phase extraction and other extraction and clean up techniques used in LC-MS workflows
• Knowledge of immunoaffinity and digestion techniques is desirable
• Experience of common sample prep automation platforms is desirable eg. Tecan and Hamilton
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deliver on time commitments.
• Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work in partnership with colleagues and customers within and across organizations.
• Ability to affect other people and influence direction.
• Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently to take initiative and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
• Demonstrates Thermo Values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement
• Role Model Leader – embody the 4-I values, delight customers, communicate openly and honestly, focus on growth, champion employee development.
• Frequent travel in US is essential (> 50%) and some international travel may be required
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs