Wellington Equity Team Analyst, Opp Value in Boston, Massachusetts
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
We are currently seeking to recruit an equity research analyst to join our established Opportunistic Value (OppValue) Portfolio Management team. This team manages approximately $30 billion in value strategies across Global, US large cap and US mid cap opportunity sets. The team selects stocks bottom-up, across the market cap spectrum, without regard to benchmark, based on intensive fundamental research and access to corporate decision makers. Located in Radnor, Pennsylvania, this team analyst will have a focus on [healthcare] companies.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
• Value investing acumen and passion – The analyst will have experience and passion investing in a value-oriented style. They will employ intensive, bottom-up fundamental research to drive the investment process which will help form differentiated views and allow the analyst to communicate they findings to the OppValue portfolio managers. They must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach, with the ability to incorporate top-down perspectives such as sector and macro views. Furthermore, the investor will be able to consider those ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach within the context of overall portfolio philosophy and process.
• Superior collaboration and influencing skills – The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team. They will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with company management teams. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; They must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
• Growth mindset – The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated success as an investment analyst
• Strong bottom-up fundamental approach to research
• A strong track record of making successful investment recommendations and generating alpha
• Philosophical alignment with the team’s approach
• Proven ability to incorporate ESG into their research methodology /philosophy & process
• Intellectual curiosity and comfort taking risks
• Self-awareness and self-confidence to be comfortable “being wrong”
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment
• Strong academic credentials, MBA/CFA preferred.[science background]
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry. We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington’s total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)
Tracing our history to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With over USD 1 trillion in client assets under management as of 30 September 2022, we serve as a trusted adviser to clients in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
For more information, please visit https://www.wellington.com/en/ (https://www.wellington.com/en/about-us)