Morgan Stanley Equity Research - Restaurants Analyst/Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 3,000 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
The Equity Research department is responsible for researching macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions, along with company fundamentals. It also collects and analyses financial information to make investment recommendations on stocks in specific sectors. Research analysts build financial models to explore alternative scenarios, examine industries and communicate with companies and investors. Equity Research team members discuss their analysis and investment recommendations in research notes. A career in investment research at Morgan Stanley demands a commitment to excellence and a passion for the markets as well as the highest level of integrity.
We are looking for an Analyst-level or Junior Associate-level *individual to join our Restaurantsteam*.
• The candidate must have 1-3 years of professional experience in Equity Research (sector and industry agnostic). The team may also consider candidates from Investment Banking and/or Capital Markets.
• Experience utilizing Excel to Build / Maintain Financial models, an advanced level of excel proficiency is expected and required
• Experience writing in a professional capacity, e.g. crafting equity research notes / correspondence; presentation and/or development of industry reports
• Strong PowerPoint skills are required
• Expected to be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Restaurants asector experience is a plus
• CFA is a plus
Job: *Investment Banking/Sales/Trading/Research
Title: Equity Research - Restaurants Analyst/Associate
Requisition ID: 3190824