TEKsystems Engineering Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Local to Boston - can come on site 2 days/week
or local to Northeast and can come on site 1 day a month
The Engineering Manager will oversee the software development lifecycle for existing application platforms, including custom internal apps and the company’s flagship website, as well as integrations and interfaces (APIs) with external partners. This position will work with the development team to design, develop, debug, and maintain those applications, ensuring timely delivery for software projects. The Engineering Manager will also play a key role in helping with architectural and design decisions on new product initiatives and feature enhancements for existing products.
• Analyze, design, implement and refactor new and existing software using front-end and .NET technologies
• Ensure the delivery of quality code and demonstrate competence at testing/debugging both front and back-end code, including integrations and APIs
• Manage and mentor a team of 4-6 software developers, including conducting performance reviews, code reviews
• Act as main point of contact for key vendors/partners for which integrations are critical to the business operations (i.e. event registration, exhibit floorplans, etc.)
• Lead key internal meetings including daily SCRUMs, Backlog Grooming, Triage, Engineering Reviews/Estimates, etc.
• Responsible for DevOps and software release management process, including quality assurance and testing efforts for all applications
• Champion and visible leader of the software development process, including communicating frequently with users, stakeholders, peers, and leadership about the state of the web platform and applications, planned improvements, known challenges and future opportunities
• Advise the VP of Technology and other management members on technology related matters
• Ensure adherence to security protocols
• Expected to be on-call and available off-hours for the support & maintenance of business-critical applications
• Assist Vice President, Technology with management of outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions
• On large scale project initiatives, work closely with the project management team to ensure resources are properly allocated and milestones are being met
• Contribute to and help guide technology initiatives as part of the overall product roadmap for Pri-Med.com and related web applications
• Stay on top of development best practices and trends, establishing and evolving internal processes
• Help assess the need for additional staff and/or contractors for projects and assist in the hiring process
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Understanding of web content management systems, Sitecore is a plus
Additional Bonus Qualifications:
• Awareness of security and data management best practices
• Experience with subscription based online products is a plus
• Microservices and/or mobile app development experience is a plus
• Experience in Educational Technology industry a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs