Procter & Gamble Electrical Engineer Utilities & Facilities – Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Procter & Gamble Engineering offers you the opportunity to have an exciting and rewarding engineering career. P&G Engineers have the technical curiosity and knowledge to develop new approaches to big problems. Your work will require creativity, innovation, collaboration, and leadership as a P&G Controls & Information-Utilities & Facilities Electrical Engineer you will lead current and future utilities & facilities projects that scope includes power system, controls platforms, networks infrastructure and cyber security delivering superior and highly efficient systems at our manufacturing sites. You will provide technical leadership in leading utilities systems’ hardware and software design and in developing other junior engineers and technical resources - both in projects as well as in day-to-day operations.
- Lead Utilities & Facilities Electrical scope for capital projects at a manufacturing site.
- Responsible for power and controls definition, design, installation, and start-up of Utilities (including chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, boilers, HVAC, etc.).
- Define the Master Utilities Control System strategy that will integrate the Utilities systems together in order to deploy key metrics to end users for monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Define and implement a Building Management System that includes central HVAC monitoring and control, key utility metering and monitoring.
- Define & implement an Environmental Management System to meet FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requirement.
- Lead electrical VATs (vendor acceptance tests) on Utilities provided equipment.
- Provide technical direction to vendors and engineering firms throughout all phases of the project (design through construction and startup).
- Provide technical coaching and support to the Utilities manufacturing organization
We are looking for someone with an Engineering degree in the field of:BS/MS Electrical or Computer Engineering degrees preferred. Other BS/MS Engineering degrees (Chemical, Mechanical) will be considered with relevant practical experience in electrical engineering
*Preferred work experience or certifications:*
- 1-5 years of electrical engineering work experience
- Hands-on experience in industrial Utilities / Facilities and control roles
- Hands on experience with Hardware and Controls
- Strong experience with Utilities, controls, and full cycle engineering
- Automation experience will be a huge plus.
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix, PowerFlex Drive, FTView/Wonderware HMI system, IT/Control networking (i.e. Ethernet IP, virtual machines, etc.) experience is preferred
- Partnership, collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to influence resources across organizational and location boundaries
- Ability to lead priorities and capacity to work multiple commitments simultaneously
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to visit suppliers based on business needs
*The Value of a P&G Career*
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Title: *Electrical Engineer Utilities & Facilities – Manager *
Requisition ID: ENG00002339
Procter & Gamble
- Procter & Gamble Jobs