Black & Veatch Electrical Engineer - Federal Facilities - Remote - United States in Boston, Massachusetts
Electrical Engineer - Federal Facilities - Remote - United States
Date: Aug 2, 2022
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 80725
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Performs engineering functions requiring knowledge and experience in engineering principles. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in low and medium voltage, generation, electrical studies and analysis, lighting design, and grounding and lighting protection. Contributes to a design team performing facility and mission critical design projects for U.S. Government Agency/Department clients. Requires US Citizen and ability to obtain US security clearance.
• Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation about departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures relative to assigned tasks
• Quality/Continuous Improvement:
• Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with Black and Veatch quality program
• Provides guidance and direction to others from the same project and discipline
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables including design drawings, specifications, calculations, and design analysis for low and medium voltage power systems, grounding, lightning protection, lighting, and telecommunications.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
• Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external multidiscipline team members and on moderately complex projects
• Provides support for construction phase services including the response to requests for information (RFIs) and the review of construction submittals against the design specifications and drawings.
• May travel to project sites for client interface, design review meetings, and data collection.
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on less complex projects
• Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on less complex projects
• May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
• Recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of an industry
• Designs a complete project of moderately complex scope within an assigned practice area(s)
Assigned to projects for U.S. Government Agency/Department clients. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Written Communications
• Drive For Results
• Priority Setting
• Directing Others
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical Office environment. Physical Demands: Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing, reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended periods of time.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Job Segment: Construction, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs