Kiewit Drilled Shaft - Project Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 169162
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Foundations Co
Department: Field Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
The Project Manager is responsible for a construction project's overall direction, completion, and financial outcome. 80% - 90% of the time will be spent working in the field on the construction project, and must have previous experience working for a geotechnical foundation contractor.
Kiewit Foundations Co. is a full-service geotechnical foundation contractor operating across North America. Our experience and expertise cover a wide range of specialty foundation construction for both structural and ground improvement solutions. We operate in the transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, industrial, and oil, gas, and chemical markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
Our rapidly growing foundations business, which includes drilled shafts, micro piles, driven piles, auger cast-in-place piles, full displacement piles, soil mixing, support of excavation, anchors, tie-backs, stone columns, and other geotechnical solutions is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit focused on delivering differentiated solutions.
We are an innovative team that works on both Kiewit projects and with other general contractors across all our markets. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s engineering group comprised of more than 60 geotechnical engineers as well as premier external geotechnical engineering firms to deliver safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re supporting Kiewit or other general contractors to bore tunnels through mountains, turn rivers into energy, build bridges that connect communities, or develop facilities that power and fuel our world, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from below the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success
This position will work on-site at project locations across the USA. All project-based roles receive a 10% field premium while on a job site. Live where you want, go where the work is.
• Budget and schedule development and maintenance
• Assuring quality control, contract compliance, and administration
• Project administration systems management and management of assigned job site personnel.
• Administering safety programs and maintaining good owner relations.
• Ability to travel
• 5+ years' experience in all aspects of managing large (> 100M) construction projects with a proven track record of successful outcomes.
• Undergraduate degree in construction engineering, construction management, or a related degree or comparable work experience.
• Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization/time management skills
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
Base Compensation: $140,982 - $216,619
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs