BCD Travel Director Solutions Engineer - Virtual in Boston, Massachusetts
Director, Solutions Engineering
Remote position-can be based anywhere in the US
BCD continues to enhance its hotel solutions offering and thus expanding the hotel solutions team and is looking for a Director Hotel Solutions Engineering. In this role you recommend hotel services and products to our existing clients and prospects.
We seek a highly talented hotel professional who also has knowledge of corporate travel solutions and can articulate the value BCD can bring to corporations in the area of hotels. If this sounds like you, you could be the new team leader of this exciting and very important team.
We help Business Travelers travel smart and achieve more. We are an organization that is service oriented, and we aim to continuously innovate our formula of success. In this role you sell products and services to existing BCD Travel clients by engaging with the client and BCD Travel account management team. Next to that you support the sales team effort for prospects primarily within the large to mid-market size accounts. You will work with the sales rep during the sales life cycle to win new business and with the VP and account manager to sell products and services to these clients.
- Act as BCD Travel's expert on hotel solutions and travel technology.
- Coordinate with multiple groups such as Travel Technology, Supplier Relations, Sr. Management, Pricing, and Sales.
- Tailor an individualized hotel solution for our clients and prospects based on discovery through virtual and onsite workshops.
- Support new sales efforts with prospects and support client retention efforts
- Develop and maintain good relationships with prospects and existing client key contacts and decision makers for opportunities to present and recommend products and services.
- Use diagnostic and benchmarking tools to conduct an analysis and recommendation that lead to solutions offered by BCD Travel for prospects and clients
- Ensure all client negotiations are consistent with our commercial policy
- Coordinate all client pricing strategies with the commercial decision maker
- 5+ years business travel industry experience
- Experience in client consultancy and/or sales
- Experience with travel industry technologies (i.e. OBT, payments, sourcing)
- Project Management
- Self-starter with a consultative approach.
- Excellent commercial English language skills
- Thorough knowledge of business travel management and supplier landscape
- Travel up to 40% of the time both domestically and internationally
Why people join BCD: · Flexible hours · Dynamic work environment · 13,000+ Employees · 100+ Countries
Why they STAY with BCD: · Work/life balance · Freedom to grow · Environmentally responsible · Family atmosphere · Voted top places to work for
More about BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- BCD Travel Jobs