Cengage Learning Director of Channel Partnerships in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
The Director of Channel Partnerships is responsible for overseeing the channel partnership management function of the Channel team. As part of the Cengage strategy team, the Channel team develops and executes Cengage’s channel strategy, optimizing the delivery of our offerings to the market via successful relationships with channel partners, and optimization of channel data analytics and operations. The channel partnership management function is where the rubber hits the road, where channel strategy and execution come together in the management of our partners to deliver on shared objectives. The Director of Channel Partnerships will have overall responsibility for ensuring successful relationships with our portfolio of partners and will manage a team of Channel Partnership Managers to that end, as well as having direct responsibility for managing and growing a select group of strategically important, large ($70M+) accounts. The Director of Channel Partnerships will collaborate with the Director of Channel Strategic Initiatives and Operations to formulate channel strategy and will be responsible for implementing that strategy in key accounts. This position will report to the VP, Channel Strategy and Operations.
What You'll Do Here:
• Act as primary owner of a small select group of strategically important, large accounts, coordinating company-wide relationship with a 360-degree view - be Cengage’s #1 go-to person and expert on these accounts, as well as the escalation point for all accounts under Channel Partnership Managers’ jurisdiction
• Provide day to day management and ongoing coaching and development of Channel Partnership Managers
• Act as key member of the Channel management team; work closely in collaboration withto implement strategic initiatives and drive analytical insights and streamlined partner reporting and operations
• Drive collaboration with relevant Cengage stakeholders to ensure alignment and execution the broader Cengage team to drive Channel strategic objectives
• Develop a deep understanding of our partners’ strategy, business and interests, and represent Cengage’s strategy and interests, to identify shared objectives, cultivate partnership strength and innovation, and drive growth
• Negotiate corporate contracts with partners
• Collaborate with Director of Channel Strategy and Ops on developing and refreshing the channel strategy on an annual basis
• Work closely with the Sales Force, with a particular focus on the sales leadership, to ensure strong bi-directional communication and to actively listen to feedback on how to improve channel efficiency and effectiveness
Skills You Will Need Here:
• Four-year degree plus 8+ years of sales or enterprise relationship management experience required, preferably in a customer service, sales, or marketing capacity in a digital, software, retail,
• At least 3 years in direct people management experience leading high performing teams, using strong leadership qualities and skills to inspire and motivate staff; proven ability to lead by sharing a common vision, gaining buy-in, building trust and coaching. Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Highly resourceful, stellar execution skills (strategy through implementation)
• Exceptional collaboration, relationship and consultative skills with demonstrated success in influencing, building partnerships with internal and external contacts at all organizational levels in a matrixed environment
• Powered by people with diverse backgrounds and thoughts; transparent leader who sees problems as opportunities to improve while valuing mutual respect amongst colleagues
• An adaptive leader and change agent who is comfortable with ambiguity
• Advanced analytical/problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple, complex priorities
• Experience in complex enterprise contract negotiations
• Experience driving innovation and process improvements that enable the business to achieve its objectives
• Digitally savvy and experienced with leveraging technology platforms
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Availability and ability to travel overnight, potentially a few nights per month
Requisition ID 2019-5706
Job Function Strategy - Planning
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.
- Cengage Learning Jobs