Ameriprise Financial Director, Digital Customer Experience in Boston, Massachusetts
We are looking for a digital marketing strategist to spearhead our Digital Customer Experience team. In this role, you’ll lead a cross-functional agile team of marketing, sales, technology and data partners to create and optimize the digital customer experience. The individual will develop a long-term strategy and marketing technology product roadmap and then harness the power of an agile team to bring-to-market.
The ideal candidate will have a record of success both leading and developing innovative ways to manage the digital customer experience. They’re a strategic thinker and proven executor who is passionate about thinking through and innovating the user experience, and are energized by working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
Full-Time / Part-Time:
About Our Company:
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Line of Business:
US Asset Management
Director, Digital Customer Experience
• Develops long-term strategy and product roadmap for the digital customer experience, with a focus on measurable business outcomes.
• Leads one or more Product Owners who will be responsible for executing the marketing technology product roadmap through a cross-functional Agile team.
• Serves as the expert of omnichannel journey development, execution, and optimization. Partners with and provides coaching to Marketing Managers as they develop campaigns.
• Works closely with all key stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, prioritize, design and pilot new capabilities for the digital customer experience.
o Key stakeholders include channel marketing, creative and content strategy, paid media strategy, sales, product, technology, business intelligence and analytics, digital analytics, customer analytics, and interactive marketing to define.
• Advocates and influences internal partner teams to build and buy-in on vision to create market-leading digital experiences, specifically:
o With sales – defines pain points and opportunities to optimize current customer experience to enhance in-person interaction with digital experiences.
o With technology – partner on development, user experience, and testing to ensure product success.
o With content marketing – connects customer experiences with targeted content value.
o With channel marketing – understands customer audiences and pain points to solve.
• Leverages market analysis, competitor knowledge and user research to define business case, product roadmap and requirements.
• Serves as day-to-day owner of customer-facing marketing technology tools, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and our forthcoming Experience Management tool.
• Owns prioritization of initiatives with development partners, including technology, business intelligence, and digital analytics, among others.
• Serves as marketing data domain owner and ensures marketing data is governed across systems and lines of business. This includes owning data, e.g., website analytics and metadata, that informs campaigns, reporting, and sales modeling.
Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York, Remote
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 7-10 years financial services experience, ideally within asset management industry.
• Leadership experience, ideally in managing cross-functional teams that includes marketing, sales and technology; experience leading within an agile framework a plus.
• Advertising and/or email marketing background.
• Digital communications/CRM experience and knowledge.
• Strong leadership, planning, and communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple integrated campaigns simultaneously.
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud knowledge, including an understanding of how the platform work and fundamental components of all marketing tools.
• Demonstrated success in a team-oriented environment.
Job Family Group: