Public Consulting Group Customer Service Representative in Boston, Massachusetts
Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group supports individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses and aging adults, to remain in their homes and communities and “self” direct their own long-term home care.
Our role as the nation’s largest and most experienced Financial Management Service provider is to assist those eligible Medicaid recipients to choose and pay for their own support workers and services within their state-approved personalized budget. We are appointed by states and managed healthcare organizations to better serve more of their residents and members requiring long-term care and ensure the efficient use of taxpayer funded services.
Our culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed customer expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference in helping transform the lives of the consumers we serve. (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
Expected to respond to all inquiries in a professional, friendly and timely manner, public-service oriented and understand the needs and work effectively with persons with disabilities. Expected to have excellent verbal, written communication and troubleshooting skills. Responsible for creating and maintaining excellent documentation of all calls, questions, complaints and mailed inquiries. Responsible for maintaining adequate records/documentation for audit and internal control purposes. Routing mail, email, and other administrative support duties as assigned. Responsible for learning Program Rules of assigned projects to ensure ability to respond to Customer Service inquiries. Responsible for developing excellent working knowledge of PPL operating platforms required to fulfill job responsibilities (e.g.; Portal, Navision, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to inbound call inquiries related to consumer budgets, service authorization, program guidelines, withholding and tax forms, program enrollment, workers compensation requirements, invoice and timesheet processing status, and family friendly report, within standard PPL performance metrics.
- Initiate outbound calls to respond to inquiries and to follow-up with previous contacts.
- Meet quality assurance standards as applicable to program.
- Perform support ticket transaction resolution tasks and administrative functions.
- Enter and monitor support ticket information into PPL Portal Respond to assigned support tickets in Portal, and coordinate activities with other project staff.
- Perform administrative functions e.g.: pended timesheet reporting, mail distribution, document verification, document management, time sheet verification.
- Data entry and update payroll; accounts payable account information as assigned. Maintain Effective Working Relationship with Financial Operations Center (FOC) Staff.
- Communicate with FOC staff on regular basis, providing direction to support tickets containing updated information on how to respond to customer questions.
- Enter manual timesheet and agency invoice information into automated financial management system as assigned.
- Identify documentation issues and report to supervisor.
(Other duties may be assigned as appropriate and necessary).
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training in customer service
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- General knowledge of PC navigation and commands (I.e. copy, paste, highlight functions)
- Proficient writing skills, including ability to compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Word preferred
Bilingual applicants encourged to apply
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.