Grant Thornton LLP Compliance Risk Consumer Protection Manager - BRS in Boston, Massachusetts
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. * * Compliance Risk Consumer Protection Manager - Business Risk Services
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. BusinessRiskServices protects value. OurBusiness Risk Services (BRS) Practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Compliance Risk Consumer Protection Manager oversees engagement management, providing advisory and consultative services to financial institutions in addressing consumer protection regulatory compliance matters, including compliance reviews, policy and procedure development, examination readiness reviews, risk assessments, enforcement action remediation, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization) * Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services * Build, maintain, and utilize networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition. Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business partner. * Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues * Manage and direct the execution of projects. Develop and track engagement work plans, timelines, budgets, and resource allocations. Manage and minimize engagement risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation. Manages, develops, trains, and mentors staff on projects and assesses performance for engagement and year-end reviews. * Research, analyze, and understand current market place issues and emerging regulatory requirements and guidance. Participate in and speaks at industry conferences, seminars and associations. Stay abreast of currently regulations impacting clients. Develop and publish points of view on relevant hot topics. Attend training and maintain required certifications. * Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence * Actively participates in recruiting top talent to the firm. * Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality. * Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews * Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates * Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 6 to 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- Compliance and/or Regulatory Compliance) or related consulting experience.
- 5 years experience with a relevant bank regulatory agency (e.g., Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), etc.)
- Familiarity with consumer financial products and services (lending, deposits, overdraft, etc.)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), “Commissioned” Federal Bank Examiner (CFPB, FDIC, FRB, or OCC), PMP preferred
- Experience managing engagement involving consultation and advisory services to financial institutions involving Consumer Protection areas such as Compliance Management Systems, Fair Lending, UDAAP, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of key consumer protection rules and regulations such as TILA, ECOA, RESPA, FCRA, TISA, EFTA, Flood Insurance, TISA, Privacy, SCRA, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of data administration requirements, including requirements related to reporting of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) or Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Familiarity with non-consumer rules and regulations such Regulation O, Regulation W, Bank Secrecy Act, etc.
- Exceptional client service with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to participate in the creation and tracking of engagement work plans, timelines, budgets, project management, and resource allocations
- Manage and minimize engagement risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business partner
- Identify and address client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating the value proposition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills: project workflow; budgets; billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written presentation materials
- Ability to think independently and be a thought leader with a professional demeanor, a can-do attitude, and other qualities that include decisiveness, self-initiative, and high energy
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed. Additional Information:
Travel Requirements up to 75%
New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, Washington, D.C.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Compliance Risk Consumer Protection Manager - BRS
Requisition ID: 045622
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs