State Street Communications/Project Manager Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
- The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also help define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. He/She will also make recommendations for improvements to processes and procedures to further enhance our service.
The PM will be required to initiate and maintain communication with all marketing channels (e.g., creative, employee communications, PR, events, editorial), clients and vendors (both internal and external) and include other marketing team members in projects, as appropriate. He/she will be responsible for consulting with senior management on any issues requiring escalation. The PM will need to work both independently on large-scope projects, but also as a team in supporting the other PMs, knowing the status of all projects assigned to Global Marketing Project Management.
As part of the group that will work in coordination with other channels and Account Management, it is imperative that the PM has the necessary skills for communication, organization, technical skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project) and an understanding of creative deliverables and timeframes. In addition, the PM should have experience with projects within the interactive space. Past experience with strategy planning and knowledge of the financial industry is preferred. Regularly exercises strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The PM will need to be sensitive to the ways of working within a large organization, acting professionally and courteous to all internal and external contacts. Flexible hours may be required to project manage across time zones/languages.
Direct and manage project development from beginning to end including strategy development, execution, budget and reporting.
Facilitate the planning, implementation and tracking of specific marketing campaigns and initiatives
Create and manage a campaign calendar/ media schedule with daily monitoring and optimization of campaigns
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in
collaboration with the senior management team and stakeholders.
Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Track project milestones and deliverables
Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Estimate the resources, timescales and participants needed to achieve project goals.
Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Proactively seek to identify and manage project dependencies.
Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team,
analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and
devise contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the virtual project team.
Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
He/she will need a proven track record of:
- At least 5 years relevant marketing and communications experience with proven results in delivering bottom line performance improvements through communications strategy, policy and plans. A degree level education – preferably with a project management certification.
- Working at senior levels in an organization together with the capability of communicating effectively at that level.
- Working in matrix structures and cross cultural environments with an ability to operate on their own and as part of a team.
- Proven track record of turning concepts and theory into pragmatic deliverables.
- Proven expertise and experience within all or some of the following disciplines: Media Relations, Communications, Events, brand/advertising, Editorial, Partnerships/Sponsorships.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills. Managing multiple to time and budget using a structured approach
- Working in a fast paced, flexible, pragmatic culture.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Must have strong customer service and customer responsiveness skills, and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
- Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and be self-motivated.
Strong influencing and negotiating skills when dealing with customers (internal or external) is preferred.
Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time