Schneider Electric Business Incubation Leader - Boston, MA in Boston, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Job Description – Business Incubation – Leader, Boston
Schneider Electric Ventures supports innovation through funding, incubation, and partnerships. Schneider Electric has committed to invest between 300 and 500 million euros in the coming years, and welcomes ideas from innovators and entrepreneurs eager to turn their vision into reality.
The Business Incubation initiative identifies ideas with high-growth potential from employees, entrepreneurs, universities, and early-stage companies. Our team helps grow these ideas and turn them into new ventures. We provide support from multiple angles: building the founding team, providing market insights from customer and partners, articulating a business plan, seed financing the new venture.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and resourceful program manager with solid analytical capabilities, strong networking skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. You will support entrepreneurs at every stage of the incubation lifecycle: identify opportunities and talent, gather market knowledge, explore joint greenfield programs with external partners, develop POCs and business plans, connect ideas with entrepreneurs, mentors, customers, etc.
- Being accountable for program results: key KPI is new venture creation and launch
- Leading project identification inside and outside of Schneider Electric: creating awareness, collecting existing ideas, connecting with stakeholders, launching events, facilitating, etc.
- Acting as referring point of contact with program stakeholders and partners
- Building & managing relationships with incubation eco-system partners (incubators, accelerators, VCs, business angels, etc.)
- Actively building “market reviews” aiming at understanding markets trends, value chains, drivers of transformations, and opportunities for new players
- Delivering market research, providing feedback to entrepreneurs and challenging key business hypotheses, coaching entrepreneurs to maximize their chances of success
- Promoting connection between entrepreneurs and mentors, customers, co-founders
- Interfacing with Schneider Electric Venture team to benchmark projects with external startups, and provide investments to successful incubation projects
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience driving innovation: Marketing, Strategy, Offer creation, Business development, R&D management, and/or M&A.
- Exposure to startup development or assisting early stage initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and match with the business incubation mindset: entrepreneurial spirit, highly motivated, teamwork and collaboration oriented, committed to sustainability
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Boston
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005D5P