IBM Business Development Executive - Agile & Cloud Native AppDev in Boston, Massachusetts
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is hiring a BDE with deep Cloud-Native, Agile and DevOps expertise and/or strong offering-based expertise in core accelerated application development services methodologies, techniques and approaches. For consideration, candidates should ensure their profiles clearly indicate their specific Cloud and Agile industry and offering expertise.
A successful candidate for the BDE role will have experience across Application Development for pre-sales/sales and/or delivery. The applicant will have sold and/or delivered cloud-native microservices and APIs leveraging Agile/DevOps/XP delivery techniques.
The BDE will work closely with our clients and in cooperation with other IBM sellers and business partners. BDE candidates should have experience in consultative selling, building client relationships, leading sales efforts, leading meetings and delivering presentations. The BDE must be able to “whiteboard” and consult with a client to determine areas of opportunity across our portfolio of services.
Business Development Executives are expected to perform a variety of tasks, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Role responsibilities include:
• Establish client credibility via deep cloud application development industry, technology and consulting expertise
• Pipeline Building responsibility with deep appreciation of cloud-native technical architectures (APIs and Microservices) and Agile/DevOps/XP acceleration practices
• Identify trends and business opportunities by researching industry related events and publications, social networking, and other sources
• Work with client to co-create new business models and IT value
• Generate client value proposition, gain client consensus and drive opportunities
• Lead and / or participate in client-facing sales meetings and own the sales responsibilities for the meeting
• Provide subject-matter-expertise related to our application services offerings
• Develop and deliver client facing sales presentations at the CIO and Executive Suite level
• Develop and maintain a qualified long-term sales pipeline
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years experience in Agile, DevOps, and other application development methodologies and services
• 5+ years experience in Consultative Selling or Delivery
• 5+ years experience in Selling or Delivery of Cloud-Native Development with Microservices and APIs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Specific expertise with RedHat Services, such as OpenShift
• Experience working in High-End consulting practices such as Accenture, IBM, Deloitte, E&Y, etc.
• Experience with at least 2 of the following public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP or the IBM Cloud)
• Experience with Serverless Technologies
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs