Wake Research Business Development Director in Boston, Massachusetts
M3 Wake Research, Inc. is one of the largest independent clinical research site services companies in North America. M3 Wake Research has more than 15 owned and managed research sites across 7 states in the US and continues to grow. Due to continued growth and expansion, we are seeking a Business Development Director to join our team.
The Business Development Director will present and promote our investigational site network services and solutions to potential clients. This will include new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts, and new marketing opportunities with the objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will be self-starters with responsibilities and talents including but not limited to the following:
• Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
• Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan and follows up on leads.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s/site's capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
• Sets and manages customer expectations.
• Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
• Organizes and hosts client visits.
• Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
• Responsible for opportunity management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
• Collaborates effectively with sales executives to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
• Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
• Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
• Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts
• Leads client presentations.
• 2+ years of sales experience selling site or CRO services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech sector with direct interaction with senior decision makers. Candidates with other direct client-facing roles may be considered.
• Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
• Advanced clinical research industry knowledge
• Impeccable written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated client retention skills
• Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
• Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
• The successful candidate will ideally be located on the US West Coast; however, candidates willing to travel will be considered
• Must be willing to travel 25-50% of the time
Comprehensive benefits package
Paid time off
Advancement and career opportunities