PNC Business Development Advisor-Institutional Asset Management (F4) in Boston, Massachusetts
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
F40006 Bus Dvlpt Advisor - IAM(F)
Identifies prospective IAM clients and/or referral sources by educating and positioning IAM capabilities to generate awareness, deliver solutions and drive new revenue. Develops the most complex and sophisticated new client opportunities.
Calls on prospects, Centers of Influence and clients to sell and/or refer the full spectrum of PNC Institutional Asset Management products and services, generally at client location. Assesses new business opportunities on a consistent basis, including completing book of business reviews as assigned, responding to new business inquiries and requests for proposals, and maintaining territory/focus lists. Responsible for retaining and growing existing relationships.
Engages with management and/or partners to establish and execute the appropriate activities, tactics and strategies to generate, identify and pursue new opportunities and successfully close the sale. Engages the appropriate internal partners either to refer to or assist in closing business for PNC Capital Advisors, PNC Investment Advisory Solutions and PNC Retirement Solutions, or any other applicable business segment, as they arise. Provides management with insight on industry trends, best practices and product needs. Meets with and educates partners to position the value of IAM capabilities. Drives team member accountability and participation. Works alongside product partners to maximize the overall relationship across the firm.
Responsible for providing portfolio and/or relationship management services to sophisticated clients with large and complex account types. As assigned, manages accounts in accordance with investment objectives that have been developed with the client, incorporating PNCs investment approach, philosophy and platform. Responsible for delivering the PNC investment experience to clients where assigned, providing actionable advice, market insight and, as assigned, providing reporting on investment results.
Responsible for maintaining and growing assets under management. Will lead the sales efforts for the assigned territory and/or prospect list through the introduction and expansion of financial services to the client. Executes risk management practices through the adherence to PNC's policies and procedures. As assigned, supports other in-market IAM sales teams by providing industry insights, making introductions/connections to COIs, clients and prospects, providing strategic guidance on deals within your segment, and, as necessary, serving as the sales leader for specific deals or territories.
PA - Pittsburgh
Business Development Advisor-Institutional Asset Management (F4)
Line of Business:
Asset Management Group
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
MA - Boston, NJ - EAST BRUNSWICK, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh
FINRA Series 7 & 66 ( or 63/65)
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Client Relationship Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Investment Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use various techniques to design and implement investment strategies according to investment objectives as well as to provide effective portfolio management and to maximize investment returns.
Portfolio Management - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a client's securities investments.
Products and Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Selling. - Extensive Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Development Advisor within PNC's Institutional Asset Management Healthcare Solutions organization, you will be located within the Northeast territory/region.
As an Institutional Asset Management (IAM) Business Development Advisor, your responsibilities will include both sales to and service of Healthcare clients, as well as the support of overall institutional healthcare efforts within the region. You will cultivate relationships with large healthcare entities in order to develop and retain investment management business. You will represent all of IAM's products, including investments, retirement, trustee and custody services across all asset pools of healthcare entities. You will work closely with partners across and outside of the organization, to develop referrals, create new opportunities, and further develop critical relationships. You will help to position our investment capabilities to generate awareness, deliver solutions and ultimately drive new revenue, while also retaining a book of business. You will report to the Managing Director of Healthcare Solutions.