Rexel USA Branch Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Branch Manager to join our Rexel team in Boston, MA!
As Branch manager you will maintain compliance with company policies, safety, inventory, equipment including vehicles, customer satisfaction and the overall business results.
• Work with the Zone Manager to drive profitability by utilizing company reports and functional teams to maximize all aspects of branch performance.
• As the reporting manager for Counter, Inside Sales, and Warehouse employees, train and supervisor associates, set clear goals and expectations of team, track progress against goals, provide feedback and address performance problems and issues promptly through documented coaching sessions
• In compliance with company policies, perform administrative people management functions to include timekeeping, staff training compliance, and performance reviews.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key customers.
• Day-to-day involvement in the selling activities of the branch.
• Effectively manage daily customer service issues.
• Greet and assist call-in and walk-in customers with the selection and delivery of products and services.
• Conduct/oversee inventory control procedures and warehouse housekeeping practices, including cycle counts.
• Implement branch security and safety standards by conducting facility and asset inspections and taking corrective actions to support controls.
• Participate in inventory control and advise Zone Manager of problems to ensure customer demand is met.
• Review inventory status monthly with the Zone Managers and procurement teams.
• Maintain branch facility, warehouse and office equipment, including facility cleanliness. Schedule branch staff to ensure daily coverage including lunch, breaks, etc.
• Maintain branch merchandising and branch specific promotions
• Control and monitor branch operating expenses and implements corrective actions.
• Required to perform various duties which may include: Shipping, receiving, stocking inventory, physical inventory, and customer assistance both on phone and at counter.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring to Rexel:
• Positive attitude
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal
• Proven record to identify and solve problems with effective solutions
• Knowledge of electrical products, inventory control and warehouse operations.
• Skilled in selling products & services, negotiating sales, pricing strategies, and terms
• Ability to facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish goals
• Knowledge of the territory
• Previous industry sales experience
• Working knowledge of P&L statements
• Knowledge and ability to use Word, Outlook, Excel and ERP system
• 2-4 years of demonstrated leadership abilities/supervisory training/supervisory experience required
• 2-4 years in inside/outside sales, operations, shipping and receiving, counter, plus familiarity with the distribution industry and industrial products required
• Associate’s or Bachelors’ Degree preferred
• Ability to work in an operational environment and lift a minimum of 50lbs
• Ability to obtain forklift operator certification
Rexel USA is an electrical supply distributor providing a wide range of electrical parts and components for electricians and contractors as well as large industrial organizations. We partner with the best manufacturers of power distribution, lighting & controls, electrical wiring devices, conduit, tools, security equipment and automation controls. In addition to our online store currently Rexel has a distribution network of over 180 warehouse storefront locations throughout the U.S. Our unique range of electrical supplies and decades-long, proven service track record have led professionals to choose us as their go-to electrical supply partner.
Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 888-739-3547 to let us know the nature of your request.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer and branch needs.
Ability to verify and calculate figures such as cost, credit, debit and profit, shortage, loss and understand and interpret financial and or inventory data and reports and balance sheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software and order processing systems.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer, branch and employee problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Employee may be required to occasionally work on Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, and required to speak, read, and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. There may be occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions while in warehouse. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
Our Benefits Include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
401K with Employer Match
Paid vacation and sick time
8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
Health & Wellness Programs
Flexible Spending Accounts
Commuter Transit Benefits
Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
Employee Discount Programs
Professional Training & Development Programs
Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Apply now »
- Rexel USA Jobs