Amazon Web Services Applied Scientist, Amazon Detective in Boston, Massachusetts
Amazon Detective team is looking for a scientist with a strong background in machine learning and distributed computing to join our group that spearheads the development of next-generation graph-based analytics and AI systems for security investigations.
Amazon Detective is one of the AWS External Security Services. Amazon Detective makes it easy to analyze, investigate, and quickly identify the root cause of potential security issues or suspicious activities.
We are a team of scientists with varied research backgrounds and experience who worked on problems ranging from discovery of gravitational waves, to quantum computing, to robotics and more. We embrace diversity of thoughts and encourage original ideas. We emphasize collaborative work culture and support professional growth. Our team is tackling some of the most challenging problems at the intersection of cyber-security, big data, and machine learning. If you are motivated to work on advancing technology and making a positive societal impact at the unprecedented scale, then this is the team for you.
The AWS External Security Services team builds technologies that help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet security requirements in the AWS Cloud. Our scientists work hands-on in close collaboration with security technicians, engineers, and product managers. We are customer-obsessed, and focus on research that brings value to our customers.
· Design, prototype, and validate graph models for security data, using both quantitative and business judgment
· Develop new data-analysis algorithms and tools
· Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experiments into large-scale, highly complex production services.
· Report results in a scientifically rigorous way
· Collaborate with security engineers and other scientists at Amazon on the state-of-the-art research projects
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Machine Learning (ML), or related technical field (Physics, Mathematics etc)
· 1+ years experience in leading research projects
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and data analysis
· 3+ years of coding with at least one of the following: Java, C++, Python or other programming language
· 1+ years of working knowledge of Apache Spark and Scala
· Expertise with a broad set of ML and graph algorithms, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametric methods
· Extensive hands-on experience with applying Apache Spark or other distributed workflow frameworks to analyze large datasets
· Expertise in advanced statistical methods (e.g. Bayesian estimation and inference), timeseries analysis, mathematical modeling, designing and conducting experiments
· Experience with information security, threat detection, or a related domain
· Familiarity with AWS tools and services
· Experience with software development cycle and best practices
· Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with both research and technical teams
· Track record of peer-reviewed academic publications
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs