Danaher Corporation Application Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The Application Specialist (AS) role provides in-field technical applications support for Leica’s current and "next generation" range of automated histopathology products. He or she is expected to support the sales division to achieve regional sales and profitability goals within an assigned territory. This position reports to the Core Histology Application Manager.
- Prioritize customer training and education on instrumentation in laboratories based upon specific needs and demands Instruments include, but are not limited to tissue processors and stainers (including: Peloris, ASP6025, ASP300S, ST5020, ST5010, Spectra ST).
- Coordinate and collaborate with Sales Account Executive (SAE) and Consumable Sales Executive (CSE) within assigned geographic territory to understand, communicate, and manage current and projected territory sales objectives.
Serve as the technical leader on evaluations and installations of equipment, promoting the Leica portfolio and post-purchase applications support, ensuring the product is effectively meeting or exceeding anticipations.
o Conduct pre-purchase reagent order management needed for evaluations o Setup instrument per factory protocols o Perform customer training to ensure proper utilization o Optimize processing and staining quality and tailor slide quality to the approval of pathology staff o Conduct post training and follow up with accounts to ensure all expectations met or exceeded
Maintain equipment in a clean and operational manner while exuding professionalism during customer interactions
- Provide scientifically based laboratory support to the customer for in-field installations, evaluations, training and trouble-shooting.
- Confer with Application Manager regarding the handling and management of national accounts within the territory
- Develop and conduct workshops, educational seminars, applications and general product presentations as appropriate at local and national technical meetings when authorized.
- Collaborate with and support the sales and service organizations in effort to aid achievement and exceed monthly, quarterly, annual, and strategic unit (sales mix objectives, profit goal and market share goals.
- Understand and be proficient in Leica’s current and new product technologies and applications in a diagnostic histopathology environment. Provide suggestions for process or product improvements, new products, and promotion of sales/support methods.
- Prepare monthly territory status reports for the Application Manager (including, but not limited to, Competitive information, Product issues, Customer issues, Target Account Lists, expense reports and travel calendars).
- Engage and communicate effectively with team and provide leads for all product opportunities.
- Promote Leica as the Histopathology market leader in quality and innovation.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings and trade shows on the national and local level as appropriate and as directed.
- Maintain competent working knowledge of Danaher Business System tools and utilize such knowledge in all interactions with customers in Account Development Strategies (ADS).
- Understand market conditions and current business, competitive literature, and field surveillance of competition. Assist in product launch process.
Quality Systems Checks
- Provide second line (after Tech Support) of customer phone support for remote customer problem solving
- Collaboration with colleagues on the investigation of difficult technical applications situations with customers. Detail oriented assessment of customer situation, gathering all information and employing critical thought process.
- Follow normal S.O.P. for any adverse events and complaint handling, involving all required parties: (Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs, Technical Support, appropriate Business Unit, and Sales team) ensuring customer satisfaction and complaint resolution.
- Maintain accurate and current customer contact and engagement history in assigned customer tools, information in a format that is accessible to the Company.
Education: BA/BS in Life Sciences or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research, or industrial setting with a practical focus on core histology processing and staining
1-3 years’ experience in the optimization, operation, functionality, and support of both manual and automated core histology instrumentation and related products preferred
Travel: Required estimated 75% of time – must possess a valid driver’s license
Excellent time management and organization skills are a must
Must possess excellent customer relations/service skills.
Self-motivated and independent thought are critical
Goal oriented, results driven
Good interpersonal and communication skills are key
Work independently but able to interact as part of a team member
Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, SAP)
Application Managers and applications team
- Regional Sales Manager and sales team
- Regional Field Service Manager and service team
Business Unit application teams
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: SEL001418