Ford Motor Company Application Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, accessories and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, we offer a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
In this position...
• Act as technical liaison between customers, hardware, customer experience and software development teams.
• Hands on testing, validation, data collection and analysis for new Ford Pro charging products, features related accessories.
• Collect customer/end user feedback for recommended features, functions and strategies related to electric vehicle charging, installation, energy management, and energy services related technologies.
What you'll do...
• Evaluate customer operational data to support technical recommendations.
• Improve test and validation recommendations related to detected product faults or reliability gaps.
• Collaborate in “systems” engineering with a constant curiosity around wanting to understand the technical interaction between electrical, mechanical and controls systems.
• Lead product DFMEA reviews.
• Be a self-motivated individual with a passion for technical systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering.
• 4+ years of applications engineering experience with power electronics, solar, energy storage, electric vehicles, renewables or similar industries
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• 2+ years of EV and/or EV Charging systems.
Even better, you may have...
• 4+ years of EV and/or EV Charging systems.
• Strong technical knowledge of electrical/utility infrastructure and power conversion technology.
• Experience with ISO, SAE, UL and IEEE standards.
• Bilingual preferred. (English, Spanish &/or French/Canadian)
• Ability to work autonomously
• Well organized with high attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and shifting priorities
• Strong interest in continuous learning opportunities.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
Requisition ID : 16839
Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company Jobs