CVS Health API Program Product and Strategic Partnerships - Director in Boston, Massachusetts
CVS Health has a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated, and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. Key to this strategy is our API program, which serves our internal and external partners. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be.
The Director, API Program Product and Strategic Partnerships is an executive who has both the proven ability to lead and execute within a complex organization and a deep understanding of the healthcare and consumer landscape. The Director will lead our enterprise API Center of Enablement team, working closely with external and internal teams to grow our third party API offering and bring an API product mindset across business units. This role will deliver value for customers and the business by managing the product development process to bring new APIs to market and enabling integrations with strategic third party partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead partnership ideation, strategy, and development efforts for API products, working in collaboration with other business areas by leveraging in-depth knowledge and understanding of market trends and segments, customer needs/expectations, and internal capabilities
• Lead negotiations, implementations, and ongoing relationship management with key partner organizations, and drive the overall API partnership portfolio
• Lead API product team to maintain and mature key API ecosystem components including platform, developer portal, monitoring/analytics, and more
• Lead API product team to enable BU capabilities on platform, creating value with nimble and easy to use APIs. Work closely with business teams and educate them to develop products with an API product mindset. Help identify required use cases and capabilities, support business case development, and help translate into product requirements
• Participate in privacy/legal/security sessions to ensure APIs and the platform are built following CVS standards and best practices
• 5-8 years required of experience, particularly in product management and product development
• Maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders and constituents
• Proven ability to deliver convincing business case recommendations to senior management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• • Demonstrated collaborative style, with ability to lead and influence diverse teams
• • 3+ years of people management experience
• 3+ years working in strategic partnerships or corporate development in a retail, healthcare, technology, or regulated business setting (ideally using agile development methods)
• 3+ years of people management experience
• 3+ years of experience working with and/or managing APIs
• Expertise in identifying and selling or developing partnerships business to business and business to consumer and direct to consumer health solutions
• End to end experience building and managing partnerships
• Developing, prioritizing and managing product pipeline
• Demonstrated presentation skills, including familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
• Highly organized and able to provide positive leadership across multiple work streams in a fast-paced, complex working environment
• Organized, detail-oriented, and structured thinking and execution, with the ability to lead multiple tasks at a time; adjusts priorities as needed in order to meet deadlines
• Demonstrates high level of independent judgment and proactivity
• Demonstrated success with process improvement and project management initiatives.
• Demonstrated understanding of technology and how it can be applied to solve business problems/provide technical solutions.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED and Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs