Lincoln Financial Group Analyst, Data Analytics in Boston, Massachusetts
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
Information Management, in partnership with IT, is leading a data transformation to develop, implement and manage a trustworthy data platform that supports the varied information needs of Group Protection to drive business value and profitability, and enable & increase adoption by implementing modern, business-centric (big) data & analytics technologies, processes, and training that will make it easy to understand & consume Information and embed data-driven decision-making into our business processes. This is a key role in guiding the build of Cornerstone – LFG’s foundational data, and the person will be working with stakeholders across Lincoln as well as the development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Collects, interprets, and analyzes more complex data across his/her area of responsibility to support management decisions and improve inefficiencies.
• Generates reports, and aids in transforming base transactional data into meaningful information to drive informed dialog and strategy development with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures data integrity and develops procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
• Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in the various systems are utilized, and is able to triangulate various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making.
• Serves as a resource to advise management & business stakeholders on use of quality business analytics, tools, and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and interpretation of various business metrics.
Education and Experience
•4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Information Technology or Engineering or Mathematical discipline (Minimum Required)
•3 - 5+ Years of data analytics, data mining, and/or reporting that directly aligns to the responsibilities of this position. (Required)
•3 – 5+ Years’ experience in the Group benefits business domain & products with progressive experience in translating business processes and reports into data requirements
•SQL ability, good understanding of data models and data warehouse concepts is required. Must be able to work with data modelers to transform business requirements into data requirements to project deliverables to be executed by the development team.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs