General Electric Technician - Billerica, MA in BILLERICA, Massachusetts
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE is looking for an experienced manufacturing technician to support our Flow Gas and
Moisture business. The role is in a production environment and will require PCB testing, soldering,
and mechanical assembly. The right candidate will have knowledge in an ERP system to maintain
material movements and inventory transactions.
· Assist with the assembly and test of electrical meters at the circuit, board and system level
· Initiate Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) as required
· Perform misc. duties as assigned by the Cell or Operations Leader
· Comply with all Quality, HSE (Health, Safety and Environment), and Work Rules
· High School Diploma (or GED) from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Associate Degree in EE or EE Technology a plus, but not required
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and procedures
· Strong familiarity with electrical engineering principles
· Great communication and interpersonal skills needed to work with a small team
· Must be able and willing to work in different areas, as assigned, throughout the work day
· Basic Computer Skills
· Willingness to work independently, with minimal direct supervision
· Demonstrated teamwork ability, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
· Previous ERP system experience, SAP preferred
· Billerica MA 01821
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; BILLERICA
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.