Cabot Corporation Sr. Laboratory Technical Operator in Billerica, Massachusetts
Cabot Inkjet R&D group is seeking an energetic technical operator to join the process development team and help grow inkjet business in the emerging industrial inkjet printer market. The candidate will:
• Work under minimal supervision to perform a variety of standard and non-routine activities related to production and testing of aqueous pigment dispersions at both laboratory and pilot scales
• Operate and maintain current equipment in the laboratory and pilot plant, and
• Contribute through participating in basic technical problem solving, and may provide training to less experienced employees.
• Uses various equipment and apparatus required for mixing, milling, reaction, purification as well as filtration to prepare samples. Operates and runs processing, milling, and other machines as required. Ability to recognize and troubleshoot issues with equipment/processes and participate in the resolution of problems. May assemble and install process equipment used for testing purposes.
• Performance routine tests to collect dispersion physicals, such as pH, viscosity, and particle size
• Follow experimental plan as set by project leader, and need to prepare logistics, materials and equipment, and ensure that experiments/tests are conducted thoroughly and on a timely basis.
• Good understanding of how the equipment/processes work. Follows/monitors sample requests from initiation through to completion. May work with others to develop test methods for new or existing pieces of equipment.
• Keeps notes, enters data to database. Generates, organizes data, provides summary interpretation to identify issues and trends as necessary.
• Calibrates testing equipment and performs routine maintenance, as needed.
• Provides training and work orientation to less-experienced employees as needed. Acts as a resource to others.
• Adheres to all intellectual property standards throughout area of responsibility.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
• Strictly follows and complies with all SH&E procedures, standards and regulations and constantly strives for Excellence in the field of Safety, Health and preservation of the Environment.
• Maintains work area in compliance with safety rules and regulations. Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.
• Broad knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and protocols.
• Ability to identify out-of-range results and note unusual patterns.
• Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity in order to operate and perform basic service to laboratory equipment.
• Knowledge of computers and standard office applications.
• Quality and precision oriented. Displays great care in observing and following testing protocols.
• Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly. Ability to provide training to others.
• Ability to classify and organize data in a logical and orderly way as well as plan work to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Organizational skills in order to handle simultaneous work and meet deadlines.
• Collaborative attitude and inter-personal skills; willing to share information and resources with peers.
• Secondary degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience, OR
• Associates degree in technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years of related experience, OR
• Post-secondary degree (Bachelor’s/University) in a technical discipline; some related experience a plus
• Some related experience on pigment milling/grinding a plus
Requisition ID: 2022-11058
External Company Name: Cabot Corporation
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com