Cerilliant Corporation Senior Laboratory Safety Specialist in Billerica, Massachusetts
Primarily responsible for overseeing and ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations with laboratory operations conducting research with hazardous chemicals and biohazardous materials.
Specific tasks include:
- Manage the laboratory audit program ensuring that preventive and corrective actions are taken.
- Coordinate and lead the Chemical and Biological Safety Committees.
- Coordinate the Institutional Biological Safety Committee.
- Develop, modify and implement annual laboratory safety refresher trainings.
- Manage compliance of the Radiation Safety program ensuring staff conduct weekly wipe test surveys, audits, and recordkeeping.
- Provide safety support to the vivarium facility including reviewing and approving of protocols to ensure safe and compliant operations.
- Maintain all applicable recordkeeping including: training records, permitting, and occupational health records.
- Complete thorough documented investigations of near misses, injuries, and other safety or environmental related incidents.
- Support new employee health and safety orientation by providing safety training programs to new employees and contractors.
- Support environmental compliance programs such as hazardous waste management and sustainability.
- Support EHS Department on Lab Safety matters as needed.
- Act as liaison between R&D; staff and EHS Department.
- Support metrics reporting and communications back to team and the business.
- Support EHS Department and Senior Manager EHS as needed with operational and compliance support of other Environmental Health and Safety programs including, but not limited to:
- Facilities Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space, LOTO, Fire Safety
- ISO 14001, SPCC, Waste Management, Industrial Wastewater
- Construction Safety, Contractor Safety
- OSHA 300
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Environmental, Health & Safety, or Engineering field required; Safety or Environmental certifications, a plus.
- A plus if trained in IATA, Radiation Safety, MA Industrial Wastewater Licensed, Industrial Hygiene
- Completed and current with: OSHA Haz WOPER, RCRA, DOT Haz-Mat, First Aid/CPR/AED
- Minimum of 4 years of direct Laboratory Safety experience including biological safety operations in a laboratory setting and Environmental Health & Safety experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals research with excellent analytical, problem solving and response management skills
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laboratory safety regulations and lab operations.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in implementing and maintaining effective programs including Biological Safety (BL1 & BL2), Chemical Safety, and Hazardous Waste management.
Job Requisition ID: 179650
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time