Cabot Corporation Research Associate- Temporary in Billerica, Massachusetts
Cabot is looking for a Research Associate to join their team in Billerica. The Research Associate will work under close supervision to perform varied laboratory/pilot plant tasks in support of product and/or applications research and production. They work closely with scientists and engineers to develop new products, formulations or prototype equipment and conduct standard/non-standard procedures and tests.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work on multiple projects. This assignement is expected to last up to a year.
• Executes various chemical and physical laboratory tests involving synthesis, processing, characterization and related troubleshooting with attention to observations and learning.
• Generate, organize data and provide advanced interpretation to identify issues and solutions.
• Clearly document test results through the use of electronic laboratory notebooks, records and databases
• Follows experimental plan as set by project leader. May prepare logistics, materials and equipment.
• Adhere to high SH&E standards. Participate in safety meetings and complete required safety trainings.
• Adheres to all intellectual property standards throughout area of responsibility.
• Basic understanding of laboratory terminology, equipment, procedures and safety practices.
• Knowledge of chemistry, polymer chemistry and engineering, formulation, math and statistics, design of experiments preferred
• Basic analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Ability to draw conclusions from experimental work.
• Strong learning skills, good written and verbal communication skills on test results.
• Ability to prioritize lab activities and conduct work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to populate and organize data in assigned format to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Results, quality, and precision oriented.
• Some post secondary studies; certification, specialized/vocational training or equivalent required.
• 1-3 years’ laboratory work experience related to chemical products required.
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Realizing we function better together than individually, Cabot Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and to empower employees to achieve exceptional results, without consideration of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employees’ and applicants’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition ID: 2021-10283
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com