Actalent Quality Control Technician in Billerica, Massachusetts
As the company grew, so did our proven experience and reputation in a variety of high-tech fields, such as aerospace and defense, automotive (and more recently electric vehicles), electronics, energy production, medical, optical, and telecom, to name a few.
We are hiring a Quality Control Lab Technician to join our team.
• Operate various lab instruments which includes but not limited to. Microscopes, Viscometers, and Spectrometer.
• Troubleshoot and repair instruments / Perform equipment maintenance
• Perform tests to MIL-STD-883 5011 when required
• Test finished packaged products and performs viscosity checks on outgoing products
• Record test results electronically or on standardized forms
• Keep area clean and cleans work areas and equipment as needed.
• Prepare solutions and standards were applicable
• Understand computer programs used in Quality
• Perform any testing as needed as back up
• Files and Doc Stars when necessary any reports, forms or certificates etc.
• Segregates Waste for Hazard disposal
Other Duties: Including but not limited to, replacing gas tanks, restores supplies, cleaning out freezers, putting away retains. Taking on special projects and finding the resources to accomplish the job. Taking training courses or certifications applicable to job function if needed, internal or external.
polymers, adhesives, FTIR, chemistry, raw materials, microscope, viscometers, spectrometer, viscosity, raw materials testing, sample mixing, finished goods, coatings, iso 9001, chemist
Degree or relevant coursework in Science/Chemistry preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience.
Previous experience in the coatings or adhesives industry highly favored.
Ability to read and follow procedures, technical work instructions etc. within an ISO 9001 environment.
Experience with computer programs used in laboratory (Microsoft Word, Excel etc.)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs