PAREXEL International LLC Medical Director - Radiology (Billerica, MA or Home-Based, US) in Billerica, Massachusetts
Medical Director - Radiology (Billerica, MA or Home-Based, US)
Apply NowSave Job
Job ID61634BRBillerica, Massachusetts
Fantastic opportunity to work with an Industry Leader in Oncology Imaging!
Parexel's Informatics team is highly recognized for their experience in Oncology Imaging, and the team is expanding! If you are looking for an opportunity to work alongside some of the best in this field, consider bringing your expertise to Parexel Informatics as a Medical Director, Scientific and Medical Services.
As a Medical Director, Scientific and Medical Services, you will:
• Provide medical leadership to imaging projects.
o Charter Development: Be responsible for or accountable for providing scientific guidance for project specific Independent Review charter development
o Analysis Application Development: Be responsible for or accountable for scientific guidance for development of project specific electronic case report forms (eCRFs) the customization of image analysis software tools
o Reviewer Training and Monitoring: Be accountable for the initiation and facilitation of the project specific Reviewer Training including: scheduling the training, slide preparation, selection of training/testing cases, preparation of training/testing cases, preparation of clinical dossiers (as needed.)
Lead or consult on training of independent readers (i.e. radiologists, oncologists) on the use of imaging software, eCRFs, and implementation of the review criteria.
Perform or support quality control and evaluation of the results of independent review and provide necessary guidance and feedback to independent readers.
o Imaging Parameters: Own or be accountable for the development of project specific imaging parameters to ensure standardization of imaging techniques
o Investigator Meetings: Attend investigator meetings or support investigator meeting preparation, as necessary, to present and train sites and clients on assessment criteria and imaging parameters
• Additional Project Support:
Provide scientific leadership to internal project teams
Act as scientific liaison with client project teams
Provide support for the preparation of clinical protocols, journal articles, and other documents for clients/sponsors
• Marketing and Business Development:
Provide scientific and technical leadership to strategic business group for specific therapeutic areas
Work with key opinion leaders and criteria authors to refine assessment criteria
Work with Marketing in the preparation and participation of webinars, symposiums, industry conferences, journal articles, white papers, etc.
Assist in the preparation of client proposals
Develop sales and marketing presentations to potential clients
Participate in industry meetings and/or presentations to promote awareness of PI
• Engineering Support: Work with Engineering to develop core analysis applications to meet business needs
• Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Support: Develop, as necessary, and ensure compliance with relevant standard operating procedures
• Personnel Management:
Manage Scientific and Medical Services staff as required
Participate in formal staff review processes such as performance and salary reviews
Assist staff with long-term career development
Help monitor and manage Scientific and Medical Services Group resourcing
Participate in the interviewing and hiring of new employees within
Scientific and Medical ServicesQualificationsSkills:
• Good analytical skills
• Effective time management to meet daily metrics or team objectives, completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Proficiency with desktop applications such as MS Office
• Capability of handling confidential matters
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Client focused approach to work
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
• Shows commitment to and performs consistently high quality work
Knowledge and Experience:
• +15 years of experience in Healthcare, Pharma, or Academia required
• +15 years of experience in Medical Imaging required
• Competence: Demonstrated knowledge of drug development activities, strong computer skills, consulting experience desirable, ability to work effectively across disciplines and functions.
• Skills: Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, strong leadership skills with a track record of success, strong negotiation skills, organized and attentive to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• M.D., PhD or equivalent
• Training: Board eligible or board certified in the United States in radiology, cardiology, oncology or neurology preferred or PhD in related fields. Respective equivalent certificaiton is required for candidates with Medical Training outside of the US.
• Previous Oncology experience is highly preferred
• The ability to communicate clearly and precisely in English, both orally and written
• The ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% for client meetings, conferences, etc. may be required
• Consideration will be given to exceptional US based candidates outside of the Billerica, MA area who are seeking a remote roleEEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.