Visible Edge MECHANICAL ENGINEER II in Billerica, Massachusetts
This job was posted by https://www.vermontjoblink.com : For more information, please see: https://www.vermontjoblink.com/jobs/1103894
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers or drafters and support staff as required.
- Responsible for the design, prototyping, testing, specification and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies, and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed mechanical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
- Drive projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
- Recommend materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact, and direct engineering activities.
- Strong understanding of 3D Mechanical CAD including detail drawings/models and applying large assembly management skills. Pro-Engineer/Creo5 preferred.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
- Actively Participate in Design Reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs.
- Organize and maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers, and others on a regular basis. Must keep technical information updates and a folder system that works for the department.
- Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance.
- Deal with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects.
- Strictly adhere to all safety polices.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High Temp material selection A ceramics background would be a plus, along with corrosion experience.
- The understanding of Heat Transfer & Thermodynamics, including phase transitions & chemical reactions.
- Project Management skills, or willing to be trained in this subject.
- Provide the ability to bring together component or sub-systems.
- Some travel may be required.
- Manufacturing experience helpful.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly explain the perspective of the engineering department to upper management as well as to the engineering team.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Understanding of sheet metal and machined part fabrication practices and documentation standards.
- Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
EDUC TION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 6 years of experience as an Engineer I or similar role