Cabot Corporation Lead Research Associate in Billerica, Massachusetts
Works under moderate to limited supervision to perform complex laboratory/pilot plant tasks in support of product and/or applications research and production. Contributes through participating in basic technical problem solving. Leads training and/or technical guidance to less experienced employees.
Inkjet colorant business is looking for an energetic and highly motivated associate to join the R&D product development team. The candidate will work with R&D and across multifunctional groups within Cabot to solve technical problems involving testing, product innovation, and to design and carry out laboratory experiments independently or with other team members.
• Works closely with scientists and engineers on complex experiments, using independent judgment on tools, techniques and processes to execute activities. Executes activities with some independence, troubleshooting issues in a timely manner and driving the resolution of problems
• Provides input and follows experimental plan as set by project leader. May prepare logistics, materials and equipment.
• Executes various chemical and physical laboratory tests involving synthesis, processing, characterization and related troubleshooting with attention to observations and learning. Clearly documents work in notebook.
• Generates and organizes data; responsible for data analysis, understanding and interpretation of results.
• Responsible for organizing and communicating data in a way that is clear and understandable. Properly documents results and summarizes interpretation and conclusion in appropriate reports and presentations.
• Assists in the training of others in areas of testing, compliance, equipment, and safety requirements.
• Adheres to all intellectual property standards throughout area of responsibility.
• Maintains work area in compliance with safety rules and regulations. Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements. Creates and updates safety documentation for their work area. Participates in safety-focused activities such as seeking out opportunities to advance our safety culture.
• Strictly follows and complies with all SH&E procedures, standards and regulations and constantly strives for Excellence in the fields of sustainability and Safety, Health and preservation of the Environment.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
• Strong understanding of laboratory equipment, procedures, methods and safety practices. Knowledge in relevant technical discipline (e.g. chemistry, material science, polymers, chemical engineering). Solid knowledge of statistics as used in data generation, interpretation, and presentations. Basic understanding of Cabot processes, products and their functionality in customer applications, and able to explain to others.
• Strong analytical, observation and problem-solving skills. Ability to draw conclusions from experimental work. Ability to classify and organize data in a logical and orderly way as well as plan work to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Secondary degree with a minimum of 6 years of related experience, OR
• Associates degree in technical discipline, generally with 4+ years of related experience, OR
• Post-secondary degree (Bachelor’s/University) in a technical discipline preferred, generally with 2+ years of related work experience, OR
• Master’s Degree in a related technical discipline (with no related independent project experience)
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2021-9836
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com