Actalent Scientist in Beverly, Massachusetts
We have an incredible opportunity with one the leading molecular diagnostic companies in the entire world! We are looking to add an amazing scientist to our growing R&D team. If you are interested, please reach out and apply if interested!
· Develop scientific plans and approaches, provide technical direction and mentoring to other R&D employees.
· Accomplish objectives through sound project management
· Design experiments to develop and optimize assays
· Identify and resolve assay performance issues
· Collaborate with internal and external resources
· Summarize experimental data and draw conclusions independently
· Responsible for determination of feasibility, process development, validation, creation and implementation of documentation
· Provides technical direction and mentoring to lower-level employees
· Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific concepts to potential products, implements new methods or procedure
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Develop molecular diagnostic products
• Planning and execution of experiments and validation of protocols, provide technical direction and mentoring to other R&D employees
• Statistical experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
• Write reports, documents, and protocols
• Review of relevant literature, creative thinking, and application to problem solving
• Maintain detailed and organized notebook records
• MA/MS in life sciences and/or skills usually associated with 3+ years’ of relevant industrial experience with demonstrated progressively increasing responsibility or Ph.D in life sciences plus experience in nucleic acid amplification technologies preferred.
• Experience in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, virology, immunology, or related field
• Knowledge of scientific principals and concepts
• In-depth knowledge of nucleic acid amplification and detection technologies
• Experience in product development and experimental design
• Knowledge of advanced methods for statistical experimental design and data analysis
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Ability to plan and execute experiments to:
• Prove feasibility
• Develop new processes and set specifications
• Characterize materials and set specifications
Please reach out and apply if interested!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs