Actalent Scientist in Beverly, Massachusetts
Please See Below for a Great Opportunity to advance your career with one of the top Healthcare Manufacturing organizations in the Beverly, MA area! This Opportunity allows for a lot of growth and ability to learn about Healthcare manufacturing lab practices!
If interested please reach our directly to Richard Saad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-917-1013!
Quidel is looking to add a Scientist – Molecular to our Beverly, Ma team. This person will be responsible for research and development activities toward development and validation of new molecular diagnostic products and transfer of products and technologies to manufacturing. Responsibilities may also include providing technical support to manufacturing in addressing issues that may or can cause product supply interruptions.
· Develop scientific plans and approaches, provide technical direction and mentoring to other R&D employees.
· Accomplish objectives through sound project management
· Design experiments to develop and optimize assays
· Identify and resolve assay performance issues
· Collaborate with internal and external resources
· Summarize experimental data and draw conclusions independently
· Responsible for determination of feasibility, process development, validation, creation and implementation of documentation
· Provides technical direction and mentoring to lower-level employees
· Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific concepts to potential products, implements new methods or procedures
· Maintain project documentation in accordance with internal Quidel and external regulatory requirements as part of the design control process
molecular biology, pcr, qpcr, assay, assay development, pocess development, diagnostic testing, nucleic acid amplification, biochemistry, method validation
Top Skills Details:
molecular biology,pcr,qpcr,assay,assay development,pocess development,diagnostic testing,nucleic acid amplification,biochemistry
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Develop molecular diagnostic products
• Planning and execution of experiments and validation of protocols, provide technical direction and mentoring to other R&D employees
• Statistical experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
• Write reports, documents, and protocols
• Review of relevant literature, creative thinking, and application to problem solving
• Maintain detailed and organized notebook records
• MA/MS in life sciences and/or skills usually associated with 3+ years’ of relevant industrial experience with demonstrated progressively increasing responsibility or Ph.D in life sciences plus experience in nucleic acid amplification technologies preferred.
• Experience in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, virology, immunology, or related field
• Knowledge of scientific principals and concepts
• In-depth knowledge of nucleic acid amplification and detection technologies
• Experience in product development and experimental design
• Knowledge of advanced methods for statistical experimental design and data analysis
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Ability to plan and execute experiments to:
• Prove feasibility
• Develop new processes and set specifications
• Characterize materials and set specifications
• Troubleshoot problems
• Ability to work within cross-functional teams
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Must exhibit professionalism, confidence, maturity and display desire to succeed, be self motivated and proactive
• Knowledge of relevant analytical tools (Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Problem Solving, etc.)
• Demonstrate ability to consistently meet proposed objective timelines, apply competent use of project planning and project management skills
• Working knowledge of manufacturing tools and processes
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs