Instrumentation Laboratory - Bedford Senior Technician in Bedford, Massachusetts
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Under general supervision and minimal direction, performs diversified and specialized senior level technical support activities in the fields of electrical or mechanical engineering, chemistry, optics, physics or other technical specialization. Assembles, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental electromechanical components, control instrumentation, and test equipment.
• Works from electrical and mechanical drawings/specifications to perform troubleshooting, repair, build and rework
• May operate laboratory and machine shop tools to modify or fabricate parts and assemblies.
• May Identify design issues of parts/assemblies with performance discrepancies, gather data, and report findings to responsible engineer(s)
• Selects appropriate experimental and analytical methods, creates protocols and schedule tasks.
• May set up experiments building test fixtures to conduct life tests to evaluate the reliability and performance of an engineering prototype or production module.
• Communicates technical information to a multidisciplinary team in the form of documentation, presentations and technical summaries.
• Researches and procures parts, tools, and test equipment.
• Maintains lab area and equipment to ensure parts/tools availability and reliability.
• Provides technical direction and supervision to other support personnel as appropriate
• Communicates issues and project status to team leads and managers.
• Prioritizes work in accordance with project objectives with minimal supervision.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
• Will interface on a regular basis with groups across the organization as needed
Skills & Capabilities:
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and select appropriate tools and methods required to complete the task.
• Proficiency in assembly of highly complex electromechanical engineering components, circuitry and integration into working prototypes following engineering instructions, and use of technical documentation.
• Capable of setting up, adjusting, calibrating, aligning, and modifying circuitry and or mechanical components.
• Ability to make recommendations to engineering about assembly processes to simplify manufacturability and serviceability.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills and moderate latitude for self-direction.
• Ability to set up and take measurements using a variety of gauges, DVM, data loggers, dynamometers, oscilloscopes, flow sensors or other devices that yield a calibrated response.
• Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm and motivation.
• Ability to work with technical engineers and scientists in a highly interactive and energetic workplace.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
• Vocational high school / technical diploma Certificate or equivalent.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in comparable working environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Science or related field.
• Proficient in the interpretation and creation of technical drawings, documentation, Proficient use of Microsoft office.
• Assemble and rework sophisticated electro-mechanical apparatus.
• Requires basic knowledge of laboratory procedures typically acquired through successful completion of certificate program, or equivalent, or through on-the-job training.
• Required: No
• Minimal domestic or international travel may be required
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Job ID: 2021-4510
External Company URL: https://werfen.com/en
Street: 180 Hartwell Road