Instrumentation Laboratory - Bedford Customer Service Coordinator I in Bedford, Massachusetts
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
Under general supervision, the Customer Service Coordinator I is responsible for performing front and/or back office support functions for the Customer Service Team. This includes responding to all incoming customer phone calls, fax and email order and inquiries. Serves as the first point of contact for the customer, and escalates customer’s issues to team management as necessary.
• Responsible for responding to all customer questions via phone or assigned in task system in a timely and professional manner
• Processes customer orders as received via phone or task system and ensures accuracy and alignment with department guidelines and processes; escalates order inquiries as necessary
• Interacts with distribution and planning personnel on product status availability and advises customers accordingly
• Reviews and processes Technical Support requests for replacement products; responsible for following up with Technical Support to ensure resolution
• Coordinates with the appropriate parties when lot-specific requests are made. Ensures that all orders are released for shipment following product shipping guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring proper documentations accompanies all orders prior to final order submissions
• Regularly reviews task system and assigns orders and/or inquiries to fellow Customer Service Coordinators depending on geographical coverage or special assignments
• Ensures that all requests for standing orders and overnight shipments are properly labeled
• Manages personal task queue ensuring that all customer orders are processed within departmental timeline goals. Follows-up on all customer inquiries, account maintenance requests, price discrepancy tasks, shipping issues, etc.
• Prepares customer quotations for Werfen products based on pre-established pricing guidelines.
• Works with logistics team to coordinate shipping for returns or replacements, ensuring inventory adjustments and credits are processed accurately, in accordance with department procedures.
• Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies reported to Credit and Collections team. Processes credit and/or debit memos in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Prepares and distributes various customer reports on a regular basis
Budget Managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
• Customer Service
• Distribution Management
• Technical Support
• Logistics, Warehouse & Planning
• Credit and Collections
• North America Commercial Operations, including Sales & Clinical Applications, Product Marketing
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to navigate and manage customer complaints and objections
• Strong problem solving
• Proven attention to detail
• Ability to analyze and apply sound judgement to issue resolution
• Good time management skills; Ability to prioritize and organize workload in a fast paced environment
Min Knowledge & Experience Required for the Position:
• Education: Associate degree in Business or related field required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a customer service role or environment preferred
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
Basic pivot table knowledge a plus
Ability to navigate in an SAP ERP System preferred
Language: Fluency in English required
International Mobility Required: No
• Approximately <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.
Job ID: 2022-5537
External Company URL: https://werfen.com/en
Street: 180 Hartwell Road