Savant Component Profile Engineer in Barnstable, Massachusetts
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US
• You enjoy working with other top notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day.
• You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your thinking and creativity.
• You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living.
• You have a penchant for tech gadgets, IOT, and great UX!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Developing XML drivers for a wide array of Savant and 3rd party components.
• Analyzing and debugging device communications.
• Working with other teams to create great user experiences throughout our platform.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• Ability to interpret technical documentation.
• C, C++, Objective-C, or Java
• Mac experience strongly preferred
• Practical knowledge of one or more version control systems (git, cvs, svn)
• Ability to communicate effectively with other technical resources and customers.
• B.S. E.E. or C.S. strongly preferred
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
•Competitive base salary and 401(k) match
•Strong benefits package including robust and affordable health plan options – Savant's employer contribution rates put us in the top 5% of an elite group of employers who generously cover health care cost for our employees!
• Use of cool home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program!
• Office perks including gym/showers, basketball, walking/running groups, lounges, weekly catered lunch, and regular team activities.
• Working near great outdoor hiking and bike trails, beaches, camping, and spectacular scenery.
• A reasonable commute from greater Boston.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
GE Lighting, a Savant Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
GE Lighting, a Savant Company does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.