FREEMAN Manager - Mid-Sized Studio in Avon, Massachusetts
Freeman is the global leader in events. Whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, we are on a mission to redefine live for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the world's largest network of experts, our insights are shaping exhibitions, exhibits, and events that drive audiences to action. Our integrated full-service solutions leverage a 100-year legacy in event management as well as new technologies to deliver moments that matter.
It is the responsibility of the Manager Operations to direct and coordinate activities of branch to obtain optimum efficiency and to maximize profits. Responsible for the success of the branch office, not only within the company, but also within the community. Professionally interacts with customers, team members, and third-party vendor/partner representatives to provide the highest level of service excellence.
Freeman is driven by purpose and our values: integrity, empathy innovation, enthusiasm performance excellence, and collaboration. Being part of the Freeman team, you join us in making moments that matter.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, and implement organization policies and goals.
• Coordinate activities of departments such as operations, customer service, sales, office, show site and plant.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and to allocate operating budget.
• Confer with administrative team members and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
• Direct initiatives so that outlining policy, program, or operations changes can be implemented in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
• Promote organization in industry, manufacturing, or trade associations. Maintain relationships with local convention bureau, convention center and hotels.
• Enforce company policies and procedures to ensure that they are carried out daily.
• Work with department heads to see that hiring, staffing, discipline, and training are accomplished.
• Oversee proper administration of branch payroll controls, travel, job cost, and branch expense control.
• Conduct meetings with department heads to review schedules, implement programs, and coordinate inter-department activities.
• Ensure that branch maintains appropriate training and safety programs.
• Manages union contract negotiations and grievances, as necessary.
• Accurately prepare annual branch budget and submits to corporate management by deadline.
• Prepares capital expenditure list and submits for approval.
• Reviews long range job planning and assignments with department heads.
• Conducts performance reviews with department heads.
• Assists department heads with counsel of team member problems and consults with Human Resources, as necessary.
• Checks insurance reports on a quarterly basis and review all claim reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
• Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Industry experience required.
• Knowledge of and experience in sales.
Travel up to 25%
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- FREEMAN Jobs