Heywood Hospital Quabbin Retreat Facility & Life Safety Specialist in Athol, Massachusetts
- High School Diploma preferred
- Must, after brief training, be able to demonstrate the correct use of chemicals, supplies, and tools
- Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to pass test of skill and mechanical aptitude to detect equipment malfunctions for safety to others.
- Must be able to pass security training required training.
- Driver's license required and ability to provide a good driving record.
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous healthcare, security, cleaning and/or facility experience preferred.
Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning or working with hands). Frequently stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Works in partnership with all Quabbin Retreat program staff. Completes communication logs as prescribed.
- Removes or arranges for removal of safety hazards from environment immediately to prevent potential safety hazards from occurring.
- Keeps equipment in clean and working condition.
- Conducts and maintains the proper supply of inventory for products, so that projects are able to be completed regularly without shortages of supplies.
- Coordinates projects so that customer satisfaction levels are met and projects are completed without incident.
- Evaluates and communicates with department managers and other appropriate staff members throughout the facility of areas within their department in need of projects.
- Demonstrates ability to perform project work safely, using appropriate chemicals and proper techniques.
- Communicates specific cleaning needs to supervisor by the end of the scheduled shift.
- Completes tasks thoroughly and in designated timeframe.
- Reorganizes to cover other tasks and changes schedules as needed so that all areas are covered and a clean and safe environment is maintained.
- Revises the project schedule in winter months to accommodate snow coverage.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients by assuring that sharp objects, toxic substances and other objects potentially harmful to patients are not accessible.
- Assures that the environment of care or services is free of objects which may contribute to the likelihood of patient falls, slips or trips.
- Assists in de-escalation of patients in conjunction with program staff. Provides back-up to other staff as needed to maintain a safe environment. Must complete and demonstrate competence in CPSI training. Complete incident reports as per policy. Complete rounds of property as scheduled. Works in partnership with Heywood SecurityTeam.
- Completes minor facility repairs and maintenance as assigned. Maintains grounds as needed, seasonally (snow removal, landscaping, preventive maintenance projects). Works in partnership with Heywood Facilities team.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Athol Hospital
Department: AMH ENVIRON. SERV.-,16840
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 16909721
Position Hours: 8
Weekend Frequency: Every Other
Holiday Rotation: Yes
Job Title: Quabbin Retreat Facility & Life Safety Specialist
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 06/08/2020