Schneider Electric UX Engineer in Andover, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?__
The Strategic Technology Incubation team within Schneider Electric’s Chief Technology Office is responsible for researching, developing, promoting, and accelerating selected emerging technology solutions for our internal corporate and business unit clients. Services the team provides include, but are not limited to:
* * Advancing the maturity of strategic technologies * * Incubating new platforms to address key customer journey pain points * * Advising executive leadership on vendor offers and technology trends * * Conducting market research and targeted technology watch * The User Experience (UX) Engineer is a critical role that bridges Marketing and Software Development teams. They are expected to understand business requirements and any technical limitations of the relevant strategic technology. They plan and conduct end-user research, interviews and surveys, and translate their findings into work flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX Engineer is expected to imagine designs that will ensure engaging user experiences and to continuously improve those experiences based on feedback from the deployed platform.
There will be no direct reports associated with this position
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* * Gather and evaluate customer needs, in collaboration with customer experience teams * * Generate documentation that captures vision, aesthetic, and interactions of the UI * * Design and create mockups to address paint points in customer journeys for a wide range of strategic technology use cases * * Develop minimum viable product user interfaces during platform incubation * Other Responsibilities:
* * Continuous learning on technology developments and trends * * Educate stakeholders on technology developments and trends * Build communities of practice around new platforms being incubated
This job might be for you if:
* * Have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, or equivalent related degree * * Have experience developing for web applications * * Have experience creating interactive prototypes * * Care for code quality, user experience, and design details * * Have a strong appreciation for design, typography, and visual systems * * Excellent communicator, both verbal and written * * Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to rest of the team and executives * * Passionate about bringing new and emerging technologies to mainstream for your customers * * Team player willing to step up and help out the team * * Outstanding leadership with a customer service oriented mindset * * Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, multi-task, work under pressure, and deliver results * * Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities * * Experience & understanding of the complexity of working in an global project team * * Ability to identify issues/risk, analyze and understand underlying causes and devise appropriate action plans * * Exercises good judgment regarding when and how to escalate issues * Preferred Qualifications
* * Service Design experience * * Design portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, visual systems, interaction design, visual design, and design process
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Andover
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005627