Schneider Electric Systems Engineer in Andover, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We need a Sr Systems Engineer who can engineer complex systems for Industrial Automation and Building Management Systems for the Data Center segment. You will prepare complex technical solutions to satisfy customer needs and develop turnkey products and services from design through manufacturing. You will be technical resource during installation. You will define equipment and installations per contractual technical clauses with cost, project time frame and ensuring customer satisfaction.
You will aid sales/project management/deployment manager/panel shop in technical aspects while interfacing as the technical contact with customers. Collaboration is key while you work with design teams to deliver quality design and partner with engineering teams for large projects. You'll be responsible for drafting bills of materials, creating accurate flow/system diagrams, and building engineering packages to customer specifications. You will craft sequence of operations/functional system descriptions and write system and programming specifications to support our applications team. You have a passion for mentoring junior engineers and integrating communications.
We're targeting someone with these skills & abilities:
- Design control systems based on sales documents or customer meetings
- Creation of control panel layouts and electrical schematics
- Analysis of electrical and mechanical schematics and the ability to read MEP drawings
- Selection of peripheral sensors/control devices
- Analysis and creation of ladder logic diagrams
- Creation of device/equipment schedules and installation/wiring details
Do You Have the Education & Experience Required?
- Bachelors of science in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Data Center environment is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience with automation systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing, Mechanical Systems and Power Systems
- Experience with Electrical schematic, P&ID creation, and AutoCAD
- Programming in systems design and creating sequence of operations
Do You Have the Personal Attributes Required?
- You are flexible and able to alternate between jobs
- You can work independently and stay busy in a fast-paced environment
- You are willing to work some overtime or weekends as needed
- Proven ability to coordinate multi-functional work teams toward task completion
- You are ambitious with strong organizational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- You flourish with obtaining results with minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment
- You have great interpersonal team skills for teamwork, respect, courtesy, tact, and discretion
- You can travel domestically and internationally about 25% of the time
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Andover
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005BR3