Aerotek Electrician in Andover, Massachusetts
Electrician- 3rd Shift
Oversees the daily operation of the campus electrical power and lighting systems. Under general supervision, install, operate, maintain, alter, troubleshoot and repair electrical power and lighting distribution systems along with a wide variety of industrial electrical equipment. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of building infrastructure. The individual in this role must be available for on-call work. Off-hours shifts, evening, night and weekend work may be required. The position may be called upon to perform other general maintenance and support duties on an as-needed basis.
• Oversees the general operation, repair and maintenance of the building electrical and lighting systems, perform new installations and perform PMs.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on all electrical, life safety, and fire alarm systems.
• Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building critical systems and components. Must be able to troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• A solid understanding of NFPA-70E is required, and employees are expected to work on equipment in the Arc Flash PPE that is necessary to perform the work.
• Checks malfunctioning equipment and puts corrective actions in place.
• Assists other departments in the maintenance and repair of heating and cooling valves, water cooling equipment; boilers, heating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters.
• Ensures that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
• Prioritizes all PM’s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily).
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Completes all assigned JLL and Client required training and complies with the established training standards at all times.
• Has prior safety training such as NFPA-70e and OSHA-10.
• Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
• Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
• Performs additional duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
• MA licensed electrician
• Experience in bio medical facility.
• Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
• Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment is a plus.
• Familiar with BMS and CMMS systems
• Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
• Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
• Able to work on roofs of buildings
• Completion of written documentation is required.
• Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
• The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
Minimum Required Education / Experience
• Minimum of a high school diploma. College/Technical Degree preferred.
• Holds a trade license. Master Electrician preferred.
• Multi-discipline individuals preferred.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must
• 3-5+ years of experience in bio medical facility
• Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, Work Order System, etc.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs