Schneider Electric Automation Technical Support Engineer, Senior in Andover, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Schneider Electric's Customer Care is seeking to fill a position in the Automation Product Support Group. The position will mainly focus on providing support and troubleshooting Industrial networks/ Communications for Schneider's Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). In-depth Ethernet network knowledge is expected. Working in a fast-paced, high tech collaborative environment, the successful candidate should have an understanding of how these products are applied in real world applications.
Some duties that would be required (not limited to):
- Provides front-line support to Customers and Sales Channel on various Automation products/ Network Interfaces/ Services.(Phone/Chat/Email/Web portal).
- Provides complex product application and solutions support for customers, Sales and Channel Partners.
- Develops solutions to technical problems utilizing Schneider's vast product portfolio.
- Manages relationship with customer to enhance a tailored customer experience.
- Advocates on the customer's behalf, seeks a suitable solution or work around that meets the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for accurate and complete case documentation utilizing Customer Relationship Management software (CRM).
- Will play integral role with enhancing the content on self-help web portals (FAQ/ Video knowledge).
- May include after hours on-call and weekend in-house support coverage/ rotation.
- May require on-site support to customer location for troubleshooting assistance. (10 percent travel possible)
Qualifications - (min. required for Senior level)
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required:
- 5+ years of related experience working in a Technical Support/ Customer Support environment.
- In-depth understanding of complex Industrial Network/Communications involving the following: Ethernet TCP/IP, Interbus S, CANopen, Fipio/ Fipway, Modbus+, Profibus DP, Remote I/O.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot In-depth PLC programs and/or Industrial Network/ Fieldbus topologies and Gateways.Working knowledge of Schneider's Programming Application Softwares (i.e. Unity Pro, Concept, PL7 Pro, ProWorx32, Vijeo Designer) is preferred.
Microsoft Windows Operating Systems/ Office Suite Tools/ Virtual Machine environments. Communication Skills Required:
- Proven communication skills, written and verbal (English fluency as a first or second language)
- Collaboration mindset and ability to work in a team environment towards a common goal.
BS degree in a respective Engineering field
Electrical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering
Industrial Engineering/ Technology
*We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Andover
Unposting Date: Oct 17, 2018, 11:59:00 AM
Req ID: 004RP2