AbbVie Senior Scientist II, Cell Culture, Manufacturing Sciences in Worcester, Massachusetts
The Manufacturing Sciences organization within Operations leads the optimization, validation, implementation, continuous improvement and global technical support for late stage and commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins for AbbVie. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist position in the cell culture group within the Manufacturing Sciences department reporting to the Group Leader. The position is based in AbbVie Bioresearch Centre, Worcester, MA.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for cell culture process development and manufacturing support for late-stage clinical and commercial biologics.
- Design and execute experiments in support of process characterization, validation and continuous process improvement
- Interfaces with other functional groups to facilitate efficient technology transfer/scale-up of production processes
- Identify and drive technical innovations that will contribute to future business developments and improvements
- Provide technical support for cell culture manufacturing including routine process monitoring/trending and troubleshooting of any process issues
- Conceive and execute continuous process improvement activitiesto improve process efficiency, robustness and product quality
- Contribute to regulatory filings and provide technical leadership for agency inspections and audits
- Author relevant sections of annual product quality reports and update process trending plans as required
- Mentor and enhance team performance and to create a scientific climate of excellence to achieve business goals
- Communicates project goals and updates within and across departments and provide updates on major programs to site management.
Preferred:· Proven track record in one or more of the following: media design, cell metabolism, late stage process development, statistical data analysis and predictive modeling, raw material management manufacturing support, process validation, and regulatory submissions.
Key Leadership Competencies:· Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance · Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated · Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo · Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement · Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Worcester
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1704984
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled